Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to install BSD?
Operating Systems BSD How to install BSD? Post 302989163 by Riteshkakkar on Monday 9th of January 2017 09:59:41 AM
Old 01-09-2017
How to install BSD?

Hello,
How to install bsd in amd 64 bits how is bsd what it is used for?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

System free bsd install wrong....

My freeBsd were setup security wrong how do I reinstall it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dansu92833
1 Replies

2. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Free BSD with dual boot with XP?

:confused: hello I have XP installed computer. I am completely newbie in Unix. Despite yesterday I tried to install Free BSD 5. But I coluldn't do. So now computer is not bootable i have done wrong thing. Can you help me installing it without making Xp out of computer? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

4. BSD

install apache2 in bsd 6.2

Hi, I'm trying to install apache2 in freebsd 6.2 but I have the next problems: 1. I don't have an internet connection in that computer 2. I tried commands like make install clean in /usr/ports/www/apache22 but always try to connect to the internet my question is: how can I install apache2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamayo
2 Replies

5. BSD

Free BSD Release 8.0 not recognizing CD/DVD and usb install media

Hi, I am trying to install Free BSD release 8.0 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop along with already existing Windows partition. (150GB for Win Vista, 30GB for win backup and 130 GB for Free BSD). To do trial I first installed it on Sun virtual Box in Windows where it installed without any complaints.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheerajsuthar
2 Replies
CR_CANSEE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      CR_CANSEE(9)

NAME
cr_cansee -- determine visibility of objects given their user credentials SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/systm.h> #include <sys/ucred.h> int cr_cansee(struct ucred *u1, struct ucred *u2); DESCRIPTION
This function determines the visibility of objects in the kernel based on the real user IDs and group IDs in the credentials u1 and u2 asso- ciated with them. The visibility of objects is influenced by the sysctl(8) variables security.bsd.see_other_gids and security.bsd.see_other_uids, as per the description in cr_seeothergids(9) and cr_seeotheruids(9) respectively. RETURN VALUES
This function returns zero if the object with credential u1 can ``see'' the object with credential u2, or ESRCH otherwise. ERRORS
[ESRCH] The object with credential u1 cannot ``see'' the object with credential u2. [ESRCH] The object with credential u1 has been jailed and the object with credential u2 does not belong to the same jail as u1. [ESRCH] The MAC subsystem denied visibility. SEE ALSO
cr_seeothergids(9), cr_seeotheruids(9), mac(9), p_cansee(9) BSD
November 19, 2006 BSD