Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to run Solaris ?
Operating Systems Solaris How to run Solaris ? Post 302989162 by Riteshkakkar on Monday 9th of January 2017 09:57:07 AM
Old 01-09-2017
hello,
i have install it in amd 64 bits computer ?
it is not showing all root command no graphical .
solaris 11.3 oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/solaris11/downloads/install-2245079
x86 USB Text Installer (887 MB)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Find run-level in solaris 8.

When the solaris 8 have come up, which command can find out the current run-level? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nianzhe
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to run sar on Sun Solaris?

I want to get some information about system activity report on UNIX server. I want to use 'sar'. But it seems that report is binary code and can not be read. Please advise how to do it. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

3. Solaris

To run samba on solaris

Hi to all, i need to run samba on solaris8 workstation. if please tell me the procedure to which script, i have to run. Thankyou. waiting for reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balarajum
2 Replies

4. Programming

Compile and Run C Program on Solaris

Hello Guys, I am using Solaris Developer Express Edition 9/07, I am a beginner. Please tell me how to compile and execute a C program. Please give me your answers clearly, for the compilers cc,c89,c99. I not getting the answer anywhere. Please....... reply to me. Advance thanks......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selva_ss
0 Replies

5. Solaris

run xclock from local solaris to remote solaris

Hello - I am trying to connect to a remote solaris box from a solaris box i have locally present with me using 'ssh login@IP' ... Its connecting fine but... when I run xclock - it says 'Can't open display' Whereas, IF I connect to same remote solaris IP from my windows desktop locally via putty... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Run Level Modification

Hello, I'm creating a VM Image of Solaris 10 on VM Player. I've completed the installation & I am using the Java Desktop as my default logon. I need to modify the Run Level to Console Mode (permanently). Unlike previous versions or Linux, modifying inittab file is not an option here. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

9. Solaris

Run levels in Solaris 11

Hi Guys, I need to change the following script ( which is good for Linux) for Solris 11 #start oracle start on runlevel stop on runlevel What it should be for Solrais 11. Thanks for your help. Regards Terry (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrykhatri531
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)