Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert the content of a file into another file? Post 302988939 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 5th of January 2017 10:42:14 AM
Old 01-05-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinderSingh13
As mentioned by RudiC previously, kindly put your requirements all together in a single post with proper sample Input_file and proper expected output_file.
@OP: And please do this right from the beginning when you start the thread.

--
The example in post #6 should also work with the extra tr tags:
Code:
awk '{p=$0} getline<f>0{$1=$1 p}1' FS='<td>' OFS='<td>' f=file2 file1

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert file content via sed after two searchings

Hi folks, The file webcache.xml contains a lot sections which begins and ends with the string </CACHEABILITYRULE>. The section In need to deel with is: </CACHEABILITYRULE> <CACHEABILITYRULE NAME="cache swf" CACHE="YES" COMMENT="This rule caches all .swf files. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract content from a file and insert to another file

please help for the following task... I have to extract the mac address & IP address from the file1: ... 0100004512EEF4 03 192.168.0.7 192.168.0.1 -1 ... 0100779hF5D212 03 192.168.0.8 192.168.0.1 -1 ... 0100789lF5D212 03 192.168.0.9 192.168.0.1 -1 ... ... change the format (addidng... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file after a certain line in another file

Hi, it's my first post to this forum. I just started bash and I'm stuck at one issue. I want to include content of a file in another file after a certain line. I'm using sed for inserting one line but how to insert all content of a file ? For example i have a file list.txt with a few lines and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
4 Replies

4. Programming

[SQL] Insert content file to mysql

dear all, i want to insert string in file to mysql i just want how to do that cause i am poor in sql languages ... so this file like this DATA.txt doni|student|westjava|123412|lombok| iwan|student|westjava|1234412|utankayu| rio|student|westjava|12342|cempedak| so i want insert DATA.txt to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file into another file before given pattern

I need to insert file x2 into x1 right before first BBB line. $ cat x1 AAA 1 AAA 2 AAA 3 BBB 1 BBB 2 BBB 3 $ cat x2 XXX - insert 1 XXX - insert 2 I need to get AAA 1 AAA 2 AAA 3 XXX - insert 1 XXX - insert 2 BBB 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file to another file at a line number which is given by third file

Hi friends, here is my problem. I have three files like this.. cat file1.txt ======= unix is best unix is best linux is best unix is best linux is best linux is best unix is best unix is best cat file2.txt ======== Windows performs better Mac OS performs better Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of file before the first occurrence of a line starts with a pattern in another file

Hi all, I'm new to scripting.. facing some problems while inserting content of a file into another file... I want to insert content of a file (file2) into file1, before first occurrence of "line starts with pattern" in file1 file1 ====== working on linux its unix world working on... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file right after pattern in another file

suppose i have original file: original.txt: hello how are you you are wonderful what time is it I went to the store last night. and some apple juice then i have another file: anotherfile.txt: with my friends mary, john and harry. We had a great time. We bought food Suppose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert content from file 1 to file 2 in specific criteria meet

Hi , I'm looking for some code that can copy and paste form file1 to file2 with 2 criterial meet. file1: test "sp-j1" test "sp-j2" test "sp-j3" test "sp-j4" file2: sub Pre_Shorts1 (Status_Code, Message$) global Status !if Message$ <> "" then print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
3 Replies
HOTSWAPRC(5)							File Formats Manual						      HOTSWAPRC(5)

NAME
hotswaprc - configuration file for hotswap DESCRIPTION
/etc/hotswaprc is the global configuration file for the hotswap utility. It allows system administrators to specify arbitrary shell scripts to be run after a device is inserted, as well as before and after it is removed. Scripts are selected according to the model name retrieved from the device. This is particularly helpful for automatic configura- tion of CD-RW drives, which require SCSI emulation and bypass normal access via the IDE subsystem. hotswaprc is implemented as an Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) application. XML documents are structured using elements of the form <tag-name> content <tag-name>. A Document Type Definition (DTD) describes the possible content of each element. Please refer to the XML specification for more information. The hotswap distribution also contains an example file, doc/hotswaprc.example, which includes the DTD for the configuration file format. ELEMENTS
<hotswap> This is the root element of the document. Each valid hotswaprc must contain exactly one <hotswap> element. The <hotswap> element may contain an arbitrary number of <device> elements. <device> The configuration file contains one <device> element for every device for which scripts are defined. The <device> element is com- posed of the following elements in this order: <name>, <post-insert>, <pre-remove>, <post-remove>. All but <name> are optional. <name> The content of this element is the model identification string of the IDE device the current <device> element refers to. <post-insert> Contains the shell script that is to be executed after the device has been inserted and registered with the kernel. <pre-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run before hotswap attempts to unregister the device. <post-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run after the device had been unregistered. REPORT BUGS
Report bugs to t.stadelmann1@physics.ox.ac.uk. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Stadelmann. SEE ALSO
hotswap(1), xhotswap(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Tim Stadelmann. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 26th November 2002 HOTSWAPRC(5)