Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OSX Sierra transparent shell audio sampler. Post 302988738 by wisecracker on Sunday 1st of January 2017 12:22:56 PM
Old 01-01-2017
As an addendum to this thread I enabled 'csrutil' again and it has NOT affected this capture mode so all is looking good.

I am going to consider it solved for the time being but not enable the 'solved' _tag_ at this point.

Bazza.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a shell script:Config Transparent Proxy using Shell

I want to config Transparent Proxy using Shell Script. I have more questions<exercise of me :D>: + Check that the squid is installed or not install and version is installed +Allows users to choose to run a transparent proxy or not +Perform configuration and turn on service in accordance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaka287
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Creating Shell Script for STIG Checklist MAC OSX 10.6

Hello, I am new to Mac OSX and shell scripting all together. I was wondering if anyone could help get me started in a few scenarios so that I would be able to automate checking a system against a STIG checklist. A STIG Checklist is a DoD Guideline for securing systems. Here is the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john3j04
3 Replies

4. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

OSX afplay command line audio player _manual_.

Hi everyone... I don't know if this is the correct forum but it is Apple OSX specific. It is a proper pseudo-man page for the sparse official one... This is as thorough as experimentation can get... Command line afplay, August 2016. --------------------------------- afplay -h ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script...

This is a DEMO shell script to generate a simple graticule and plot inside it... Apologies for any typos... it is another building block along with my other two shell uploads recently to start a semi_serious project of an Terminal_AudioScope... The fist upload I posted recently was to show... (83 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
83 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Capture power button press on MacOs High Sierra?

Hello everyone! I'm developing a MacOs Application in python and I'm having some issues trying to find information related to the power button pressed event. I know that in Ubuntu 14.04 you can find information about it on the acpi folders, but I realized that here in Mac that process is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xedge
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with shutdown command in script (MacOS High Sierra)

Hello, I have a backup script that runs an rsync backup to an external drive. I use the script frequently on Windows and Linux and have installed it on a Mac. The script has an option to run shutdown after the backup has completed. Since backup can take hours to run, this is an option that is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
10 Replies
PCAP_ACTIVATE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  PCAP_ACTIVATE(3)

NAME
pcap_activate - activate a capture handle SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_activate(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_activate() is used to activate a packet capture handle to look at packets on the network, with the options that were set on the handle being in effect. RETURN VALUE
pcap_activate() returns 0 on success without warnings, PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP on success on a device that doesn't support promiscuous mode if promiscuous mode was requested, PCAP_WARNING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the time stamp type specified in a previous pcap_set_tstamp_type() call isn't supported by the capture source (the time stamp type is left as the default), PCAP_WARNING on success with any other warning, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if the handle has already been activated, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE if the capture source specified when the handle was created doesn't exist, PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED if the process doesn't have permission to open the capture source, PCAP_ERROR_PROMISC_PERM_DENIED if the process has permission to open the capture source but doesn't have permission to put it into promiscuous mode, PCAP_ERROR_RFMON_NOTSUP if monitor mode was specified but the capture source doesn't support monitor mode, PCAP_ERROR_IFACE_NOT_UP if the capture source is not up, and PCAP_ERROR if another error occurred. If PCAP_WARNING or PCAP_ERROR is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display a message describing the warning or error. If PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, or PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display an message giving additional details about the problem that might be useful for debugging the problem if it's unexpected. SEE ALSO
pcap(3) 21 September 2010 PCAP_ACTIVATE(3)