Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris LDOM not accepting keyboard input at console Post 302988666 by ncherukuri on Friday 30th of December 2016 02:01:36 PM
Old 12-30-2016
Solaris LDOM not accepting keyboard input at console

Ran into this issue today and wanted to share how I fixed it as there is not a lot a lot of info online on this issue.

We upgraded our NetApp controllers to Ontap 9 and reboot all our iSCSI attached LDOMs after. One of the LDOM did not come up cleanly and it would not accept any keyboard inputs at the console. Even in single usermode. After searching a lot online, I found that this is actually a bug. Bug ID: 19388985.

The fix was to power cycle the host. a reboot will not work. You will actually need to shutdown and power on the server.

* shutdown server: init 0
* from ILOM: start /SYS

Hope this helps some one.
This User Gave Thanks to ncherukuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting User Input

I'm just starting out with UNIX and have figured some stuff out. I just need some help with accepting user input on the command line. For instance, I created a number counter that counts down from any positive hard coded number. But, I want the commnad line line to read "Countdown 20" where 20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scott78
1 Replies

2. Linux

Why isn't the computer accepting input?

I'm using Red Hat Linux 3, and the computer has stopped taking input from mouse, keyboard, etc. What are possible causes? How can I fix? -Worried Linux User (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lunchtime
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting user input in c shell

i need to accept the user input in my c shell script before executing next command. i have the following code which ask for user input, but does not store this value. set req echo " Enter your input(Y/N)?" read req if (req = Y) echo " print $req" else echo " print $req" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar11
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

invloking another script accepting input

hi I am trying to invoke another application script from my script like --------------------------- main . . ./new appl <<EOF Input 1 Input 2 EOF . . exit ------------------------ But is exits the new application after input command 2, I want that it should not exit and accept... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accepting input date

I how do i accept a input date in script which is lesser than a specified day? ex: to accept a date less than or equal to 100 days(from today).?:( Thanks for the help in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

accepting input then send to file

basically im trying to promt the user to create a name for a file then send the file name to a file with the list of the file names he has created. Also i want to code if the user doesnt enter any text to just print "Default Folder" so far my code looks like: if then echo "create `$1`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bravens52
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting user input and arguments in PERL

Hi All, Can we pass arguments while calling the perl script and as well as ask user input during execution of the script? My program is as below: I am passing arg1 and arg2 as argements to test.pl ]./test.pl arg1 arg2 Inside the test.pl I have : print "Do you want a name ? (y/n) : ";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting Input regardless of Case

Hi I am trying to get my script to accept input regardless if the person enters a or A. here is the portion of the code where I get the input. echo -n 'Please enter your choice:' # prompt user for input. read reply # read input echo case $reply in #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DualPandas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input from Keyboard, do not proceed if no input

Hi, I am working on a script, which requests users to enter input. Ex: read -p "Please enter your email id:" email I don't want users skipping this entry, this has to be mandatory.I dont want to proceed without input. I can do a check if variable $email is empty and proceed if not.But, i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindadla
7 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X LDAP client not accepting ssh or console logins (PAM error)

Hi Folks, I've install 389 Directory Server on a Centos 7.0 server. Over the last two days I've been trying to connect a MacBook running 10.10.5 to the server as a client and I'm having only partial success. I've "Joined" to my network Account Server, and set my LDAP Mappings to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlh
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)