Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help for iptables rules
Special Forums Cybersecurity Need help for iptables rules Post 302988601 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 29th of December 2016 10:00:02 AM
Old 12-29-2016
I see the line for your DSL router or whatever 192... is. What is your goal? You can inadvertantly block your DNS server that way, for example.

Do not forget that you can render the system almost unusable with one single "interesting" line in your script. If you have iptables enabled now and have access - keep a copy of the current setup.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED inserting iptables rules in while loop

I'm trying to insert multiple new lines of text into an iptables script using sed in a while loop. I'm not sure if this is the most effective way. Searching the forums has helped me come up with a good beginning but it's not 100%. I'd like it to search out a unique line in my current iptables file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbalicious
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Iptables rules at boot

Hi I have small home network and I want to block some forums on web When I use this iptables -A INPUT -s forum -j DROP rules is applied but when I restart some of PC rules are not present any more also I tried to save firewall settings iptables-save > /root/dsl.fw but how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Editing rules on iptables

Hello, I was playing around with iptables to setup an isolated system. On a SLES10 system, I ran the below to setup my first draft of rules. I noticed that the rules come into effect immediately and do not require any restart of iptables. iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT iptables -A OUTPUT -m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

iptables rules (ubuntu)

Could someone help me with writing rules for iptables? I need a dos attacks protection for a game server. port type udp ports 27015:27030 interface: eth0 Accept all packets from all IPs Chek if IP sent more than 50 packets per second Drop all packets from this IP for 5 minutes I would be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Greenice
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Iptables/Firewall rules for multicast IP.

Hi Gurus, I need to add Multicast Port = xyz Multicast Address = 123.134.143 ( example) to my firewall rules. Can you please guide me with the lines I need to update my iptables files with. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

iptables Rules for my network

Hi Champs i am new in Iptables and trying to write rules for my Samba server.I took some help from internet, created one script and run from rc.local : #Allow loopback iptables -I INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT # Accept packets from Trusted network iptables -A INPUT -s my-network/subnet -j... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Editing iptables rules with custom chain

Hello, I have iptables service running on my CentOS5 server. It has approx 50 rules right now. The problem I am facing now is as follows - I have to define a new chain in the filter table, say DOS_RULES & add all rules in this chain starting from index number 15 in the filter table. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BhushanPathak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Convert the QNX rules to UNIX iptables

Need to convert the QNX rules to Linux ubuntu 12.04. kindly any one help us with any tools (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mageshkumar
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iptables help with rules

Hi, I've been struggling with this all morning and seem to have a blind spot on what the problem is. I'm trying to use iptables to block traffic on a little cluster of raspberry pi's but to allow ssh and ping traffic within it. The cluster has a firewall server with a wifi card connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

iptables - formatting icmp rules

Hi, I am relatively new to firewalls and netfilter. I have a Debian Stretch router box running dnsmasq, connected to a VPN. Occasionally dnsmasq polls all of the desired DNS servers to select the fastest. When it does this it responds to replies of the non-selected DNS servers with a icmp type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CrazyDave
0 Replies
ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)												 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)

NAME
arno-iptables-firewall - Single- & multi-homed firewall script with DSL/ADSL support. SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall [start|stop|status|force-reload|restart] DESCRIPTION
arno-iptables-firewall is an iptables configuration script with support for both IPv4 & IPv6. While it is extremely easy to use one can nevertheless use it in quite complicated environments. All available options are explained in the extensively documented configuration file. The external interface of the system needs to be set up properly in the firewalls configuration file (EXT_IF). The default behavior of the firewall is to deny all incoming connections. For additional requirements not covered by the configuration file custom iptables rules can be placed in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/cus- tom-rules. This file is automatically parsed by the service script. See the README file (eg. in /usr/(local/)share/doc/arno-iptables-firewall) for an example how to manage logging of firewall events through syslogd. The arno-fwfilter script can be used to make the firewall logs more readable for humans (see manpage). Several plugins for the firewall script are available online. Plugins can be downloaded from http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ Please see the README file for more information. FILES
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall system service script /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf firewall configuration /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/conf.d/ firewall configuration directory /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/custom-rules custom iptables rules /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/blocked-hosts host blacklist /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/mac-addresses mac filter list Please note, that the last two files do exist in the initial configuration and their use is disabled in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/fire- wall.conf SEE ALSO
iptables(8), arno-fwfilter(1), syslog.conf(5) The http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ web site. AUTHOR
arno-iptables-firewall was written by Arno van Amersfoort <arnova@rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke March 14, 2012 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)