Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Helpm with time function
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Helpm with time function Post 302988474 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 27th of December 2016 04:05:16 AM
Old 12-27-2016
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Since the required and requested completed homework and coursework questionnaire has not been provided, this thread is closed!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C time in milliseconds function.

I need a c function which return the time in: hour min sec and mil sec I am writing on unix os. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
3 Replies

2. Programming

find CPU Time for a function (subsecond precision)

Hi, I need to time a certain function in my C/C++ code and I am experiencing some difficulties. I timed it using wallclock time so I know that it takes approximately 500-600 microseconds with gettimeofday(&start, NULL); // my function call gettimeofday(&end, NULL); answer = (end.tv_sec -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zynnel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time function

Hi, I would like to display the exact time taken to complete running a particular tool or function or program to user I don't know the exact time functions in unix, please help me thanks in advance Example: $test.ksh output should be The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hsekol
10 Replies

4. Programming

function time

Hello I have problem with function 'time' to test my program for file copying . How to run the function in my source code ? I try something like that: system("time"); < -- but this don't working (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Time Function

Hi All, I am using solaris and nawk. Is there any time function in nawk which is simliar to the shell `date` function ? Can any experts show any examples? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix function to calcuate the difference in time

HI , I need to get the timedifference between two values... which funcation will help eg: difference betweem 19:22 and 19:43 should give 21 mins (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savitha
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time function

hello everybody! i want to post a question. So, I use the command 'time a.out' to time the duration of the program a.out. The return value of this function was: real 0m4.116s user 0m4.112s sys 0m0.016s What i want is! I try to find a way to get (NOT manually) the value of real time.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

lightweight function for measuring time ( better than clock_getime )

HI I have a Red Hat Enterprise with Real Time kernel. Are you aware if there are C functions for this kernel or some code/library for this OS for measuring time more lightweight than clock_gettime and gettimeofday? THe hardware I have is NUMA. Reading forums I found gethrtime but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manustone
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/bin/time Shell Scripting Function

Hello, I have made a Linux Shell Script that downloads 6 files from the Internet and then deletes them. Now i want to use the function "/usr/bin/time" and "bc" to calculate how long the avergate run time for the shell script is. I therefore need to do it 100 times. My shell script code is below: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo2
6 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

'time' does NOT work on a function in 'dash'.

Hi guys and gals... I am writing a piece of code that is dash compliant and came across this error. I have put it in the OSX section as that is what I am using. I have no idea what the 'dash' version is but was installed about 6 months ago. MBP, OSX 10.12.6, default terminal running dash on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
bsetroot(1)						      General Commands Manual						       bsetroot(1)

NAME
bsetroot - blackbox utility to change root window appearance SYNOPSIS
bsetroot -help bsetroot [ -display display ] -solid color bsetroot [ -display display ] -mod x y -fg color -bg color bsetroot [ -display display ] -gradient texture -from color -to color DESCRIPTION
Bsetroot is a utility that can control the appearance of the root window in three ways: Either give it a solid color, or write a two color modula pattern to it, or render a gradient texture, based on two different colors. Bsetroot resembles xsetroot(1) in this functionality but it supports multiple screen displays, and gradient textures the same way as Black- box does. It doesn't handle cursors etc. Bsetroot is part of the Blackbox package. OPTIONS
Bsetroot operates in three ways, you must choose one of the first 3 options: -solid color Sets the root window to specified color. -mod x y Creates a modula pattern. You must specify -bg and -fg colors. -gradient texturestring Renders the specified texture string to the root window. For possible texture strings, please refer to blackbox(1). You must also specify both a -from and a -to color. -display display Tells Bsetroot to connect to the specified display. -bg, -background color Background color. Needed for -mod patterns. -fg, -foreground color Foreground color. Needed for -mod patterns. -from color Start color for rendering textures. Needed for -gradient operation mode. -to color Ending color for rendering textures. Needed for -gradient operation mode. -help Prints version info and short help text. AUTHOR
Bsetroot was written and maintained by Brad Hughes (blackbox@alug.org) and Jeff Raven (jraven@psu.edu). SEE ALSO
blackbox(1) 0.60.3 June 16th, 2000 bsetroot(1)