Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun v215 ALOM Reset
Operating Systems Solaris Sun v215 ALOM Reset Post 302988386 by y33t on Sunday 25th of December 2016 01:09:35 PM
Old 12-25-2016
I am not sure if an OS is installed or not but I do have the media. Is it possible to boot the disc without accessing the ALOM ? It is possible to remove this passwd if I am capable of doing that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Default ALOM username and password for the Sun servers

Hi, Anyone please tell me the default ALOM username and password for the sun server(Sun fire V210). Thanks muthu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
1 Replies

2. Solaris

T2000 ALOM reset to OBP

Every time I would try to send a break to my T2000 I would get this Debugging requested; hardware watchdog suspended. c)ontinue, s)ync, r)eset? I couldn't get into OBP. Here's what I found to do... sc> bootmode Bootmode: normal sc> bootmode reset_nvram sc> bootmode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediis
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Reset ALOM PASSWD in SUNFIRE V125

Hi, I have forgot the sc and console login password in sun v125 server, can anyone suggest me how to reset sc password in sun v125 server. Thanks Rjs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Alom Sun V240

hallo anybody know how to set alom mail alerty server with yahoomail ? thank u?where i can find mail server address for yahoomail?thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanto85
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Reset ALOM from OS

Hi guys, I'm in trouble with a Sunfire T2000. The OS (Solaris10) is up and running, but I can't log in the sc>I think the terminal server is crashed! Does anyone know if I can reset the sc> from the OS? How can I do that? Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
6 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM wont work when KVM connected to Sun Fire V440 server

Hi, I was asked to connect a KVM screen to a Sun Fire V440 last night so I connected it up but no joy and nothing on the KVM screen. I was told that a reboot may fix the problem so connected to the ALOM and rebooted. On the plus side, the KVM screen now works but I lost the ALOM connection. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy54321
0 Replies

7. Solaris

ALOM password reset

Hi , How to reset ALOM/SC password for Solaris box Sun Fire T-200 Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Connect using ALOM to Sun Fire V210

I have bought from eBay a second hand Sun Fire V210 server and I'm really stumped at the lack of complete instructions on how to connect to it. I don't have a Windows machine, I've only got Ubuntu and OS X computers. None of them have an old RS-232 port on them either. In saying that, I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: danijeljames
12 Replies

9. Hardware

SUN V245 Connecting To router Through Alom

Hello. I have a sun v245 and I have no hard drive for it yet but i would like to connect it to my home router by ethernet cable so I can use Alom remotely. Could someone please tell me how to set it up. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunV245
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun v215 Fan Speed

Hi all, I made some calculations and it seems that fans are working more than they supposed to keep the internals at the specified values. Is there a way to adjust this ? I have 2 approaches ; -from ALOM sc|ok prompt -from Solaris 10 or -from a HW Switch I am pretty sure that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
5 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)