Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2540-M2 Firmware
Operating Systems Solaris 2540-M2 Firmware Post 302988070 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 20th of December 2016 08:14:36 AM
Old 12-20-2016
You need MOS access and a valid service contract with Oracle. Then you can download the CAM software which comes with all the FW for all supported storages.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

One StorageTek 6140 vs Two (2) 2540 's?

We're moving our production 3510FC to development, so we need to replace the production 3510FC. The 6140 is nice, but pricey. Here's the question: Would two 2540's (RAID 10) be 'faster' than one 3510? (RAID 10) and faster than one 6140 (RAID 10)? One StoregeTek 6140 (16x72GB 15k rpm fc-al... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhavelvet
12 Replies

2. Solaris

fdisk -l doesn't see one 2540 array, can see other arrays though

I can't seem to get my host to see a 2540 array. I have 3 arrays right now. (2) 2540's.. let's call them 2540A and 2540B and (1) 6140. 2540A and the 6140 are configured and mounted on the same linux host. For the life of me, I cannot get the other problem-child 2540B to be recognized by the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhavelvet
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun StorageTek 2540 - shutdown matrix

Hi, I have a simple question on how to correctly disable the matrix? Looking for the Common Array Manager and I do not see this option... Thank for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Storagetek 2540

Hi peeps, Was wondering if anyone can help me, got a couple of storagetek 2540's that I need to configure. Trouble is I think they were brought as second user as all that came with them was cables. Does anyone know how to configure them (i.e. create raid sets and map to Luns and present... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

5. Hardware

Storagetek 2540

Hello all ! I am a beginner about system and networking , and after some research on internet , i didn't find any relevant information , so i post here , if someone have an experience with this kind of material or if some documentation about how to connect my storage device on my server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acorradi
2 Replies

6. Hardware

StorageTek 2540 battery failed

Hi all, My Sun StorageTek 2540 have redundant batteries, but a battery was failed. # /opt/SUNWstkcam/bin/sscs list -d MyStorage1 fru Name FRU Alarm State Status Revision Unique Id -------------------------- ----------- --------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Storagetek 2540

Hi Guys and Gals, Wionder if you could help me, got a problem with a controller on a storagetek 2540, dead when fully powered up but if you reboot, it is ok for a couple of seconds (and you can ping it). Then once the array is fully up, it goes faulty and is un-pingable. Had anyone... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Hardware

2540 firmware update

Hi Guys and Gals, does anyone know how to update the firmware on the drives in a storagetek 2540? Thanks in advance Rgrds Martin (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Solaris

StorageTek 2540 SAN array

Bought a Sun StorageTek 2540 SAN array a few years ago from a company that was going out of business. When we first set it up, we were able to get all the software (Common Array Manager) and firmware directly from Sun. We just upgraded the drives, but the array is too large for the firmware. Now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edison303
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Lost out-of-band communication with 2540 Array

Hello Dears, My server hots cannot contacted my array disk 2540 by using out-of-band Ethernet Cable. The Controller Ethernet port is off , I replace the ethernet cable but not OK I reboot the server and the Array disk 2540 but Not OK. Please somebody know how to solve this issue? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghislino
1 Replies
CISS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   CISS(4)

NAME
ciss -- Common Interface for SCSI-3 Support driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device ciss Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ciss_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ciss driver claims to provide a common interface between generic SCSI transports and intelligent host adapters. The ciss driver supports CISS as defined in the document entitled CISS Command Interface for SCSI-3 Support Open Specification, Version 1.04, Valence Number 1, dated 2000/11/27, produced by Compaq Computer Corporation. We provide a shim layer between the ciss interface and CAM(4), offloading most of the queueing and being-a-disk chores onto CAM. Entry to the driver is via the PCI bus attachment ciss_probe(), ciss_attach(), etc. and via the CAM interface ciss_cam_action(), and ciss_cam_poll(). The Compaq ciss adapters require faked responses to get reasonable behavior out of them. In addition, the ciss command set is by no means adequate to support the functionality of a RAID controller, and thus the supported Compaq adapters utilize portions of the control protocol from earlier Compaq adapter families. Currently ciss only supports the ``simple'' transport layer over PCI. This interface (ab)uses the I2O register set (specifically the post queues) to exchange commands with the adapter. Other interfaces are available, but we are not supposed to know about them, and it is dubious whether they would provide major performance improvements except under extreme load. Non-disk devices (such as internal DATs and devices attached to the external SCSI bus) are supported as normal CAM devices provided that they are exported by the controller firmware and are not marked as being masked. Masked devices can be exposed by setting the hw.ciss.expose_hidden_physical tunable to non-zero at boot time. Direct Access devices (such as disk drives) are only exposed as pass(4) devices. Hot-insertion and removal of devices is supported but a bus rescan might be necessary. The problem which adapter freezes with the message ``ADAPTER HEARTBEAT FAILED'' might be solved by updating the firmware and/or setting the hw.ciss.nop_message_heartbeat tunable to non-zero at boot time. HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the ciss driver include: o Compaq Smart Array 5300 o Compaq Smart Array 532 o Compaq Smart Array 5i o HP Smart Array 5312 o HP Smart Array 6i o HP Smart Array 641 o HP Smart Array 642 o HP Smart Array 6400 o HP Smart Array 6400 EM o HP Smart Array E200 o HP Smart Array E200i o HP Smart Array P212 o HP Smart Array P400 o HP Smart Array P400i o HP Smart Array P410 o HP Smart Array P410i o HP Smart Array P411 o HP Smart Array P600 o HP Smart Array P800 o HP Smart Array P812 o HP Modular Smart Array 20 (MSA20) o HP Modular Smart Array 500 (MSA500) SEE ALSO
cam(4), pass(4), xpt(4), loader.conf(5), camcontrol(8) CISS Command Interface for SCSI-3 Support Open Specification, Version 1.04, Valence Number 1, Compaq Computer Corporation, 2000/11/27. AUTHORS
The ciss driver was written by Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page is based on his comments and was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
November 3, 2005 BSD