Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Where are my other disks on T5220 ? Post 302988025 by hicksd8 on Monday 19th of December 2016 04:48:26 PM
Old 12-19-2016
The first thing that hits me is that the package you've installed is "Sun storage common array manager" which doesn't mention "Storagetek" which is the RAID controller manufacturer.

I was expecting "Sun Storagetek Common Array Manager" and I wonder whether they are the same thing.

I need to go and check that out.

---------- Post updated at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:20 PM ----------

I also note that you are installing Solaris 11. We need to confirm that the Storagetek monitoring suite is supported under Solaris 11.

---------- Post updated at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:28 PM ----------

Looks like "Sun storage common array manager" is indeed the Storagetek product.

I can't find anywhere that says it doesn't work on Solaris 11.

Install instructions from Oracle here:
Installing the Common Array Manager Software

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

kstat on T5220

We used kstat on netra240/440 to check if the link is full duplex. So we do something like: bash-3.00# kstat -pc net bge:1::/'link_duplex'/ | cut -f2 2 The output 2 indicates the link is full duplex. This kind of check worked all right for Netra 240/440 systems. However, the nxge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ILOM and sc on T5220

I 've 2 different T5220 and both are showing different prompts when i ssh to the console. 1. Shows sc> ALOM 2. Shows -> ILOM as far as i know the T5220 comes with ILOM , so why i 'm seeing 2 different type of console for same tyep of hardware ? and i found that we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

3. Solaris

SC on T5220 not responding

Hi, SC on one of my T5220 is not responding .. it does not show not let me type anything .. what could be the reason for it ? though when i powercycle the box from sc it shows me the system coming up but after that does not let me login thru sc sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Solaris

LDOMs on T5220

We're just about to migrate a large application from an Enterprise 6900 to a pair of T5220s utilising LDOMs. Does anyone have any experience of LDOMs on this kit and can provide any recommendations or pitfalls to avoid? I've heard that use of LDOMs can have an impact on I/O speeds as it's all... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
9 Replies

5. Solaris

T5220 server

Hi, We have two T5220 servers in our datacentre one server is showing 64 processors online and another showing 32 processors online two are newly purchased, there is no hardware faults in this server one server has 64gb memory and it shows 64 processors, and other having 32gb memory and it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Set up new T5220 remotely

I have a new T5220 racked at our remote office and the guys who racked it does not know how to configure the SP on the system .. is there any way i can do it remotely ? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues With T5220

I'm trying to use a V210 (sun4u) configured as a jumpstart server to flash install a number of T5220's (sunv4). The Facts: V210 - Solaris 10 (September 2010 Release / not patched) T5220's - Archive's created using prior (unknown) version of solaris 10. Flar -i <archive name> shows the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
6 Replies

8. Solaris

T5220

Hi Guys and Gals, Wondering if anyone could help me, tricky one this. Got a T5220 with a graphics card. When you power it on, it outputs its output to the screen and you can type commands with the keyboard etc. But no matter what version of Solaris 10 you use, when you do a boot cdrom... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

9. Solaris

T5220

Hello guys, can anyone give me some advice on how to perform clean installation of Solaris 10 on T5220 ? I am connected with serial management port on the machine, i have the ok promt and now i should eject the dvdrom to insert Solaris dvd into and start the clean install. So how to do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Storage issue on T5220

We have one box T5220 which was assigned 2x100G Luns but i have a strange problem if i use powermt display it only shows me one card but cfgadm, fcinfo commands shows 2 dual port cards as up. What could be the reason for it. I already did a re-configure reboot but that didn't help. Can anyone help... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
stmsboot(1M)															      stmsboot(1M)

NAME
stmsboot - administration program for the Solaris I/O multipathing feature SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/stmsboot [-d | -e | -u | -L | -l controller_number] The Solaris I/O multipathing feature is a multipathing solution for storage devices that is part of the Solaris operating environment. This feature was formerly known as Sun StorEdge Traffic Manager (STMS) or MPxIO. The stmsboot program is an administrative command to manage enumeration of fibre channel devices under Solaris I/O multipathing. Solaris I/O multipathing-enabled devices are enumerated under scsi_vhci(7D), providing multipathing capabilities. Solaris I/O multipathing-disabled devices are enumerated under the physical controller. In the /dev and /devices trees, Solaris I/O multipathing-enabled devices receive new names that indicate that they are under Solaris I/O multipathing control. This means a device will have a different name from its original name (following installation) when it is under Solaris I/O multipathing control. The stmsboot command automatically updates /etc/vfstab and dump configuration to reflect the device names changes when enabling or disabling Solaris I/O multipathing. A reboot is required for changes to take effect. The following options are supported: -e Enables Solaris I/O multipathing on all fibre channel (fp(7D)) controller ports. Following this enabling, you are prompted to reboot. During the reboot, vfstab and the dump configuration will be updated to reflect the device name changes. -d Disables Solaris I/O multipathing on all fibre channel (fp(7D)) controller ports. Following this disabling, you are prompted to reboot. During the reboot, vfstab and the dump configuration will be updated to reflect the device name changes. -u Updates vfstab and the dump configuration after you have manually modified the configuration to have Solaris I/O multipathing enabled or disabled on specific fp(7D) controller ports. This option prompts you to reboot. During the reboot, vfstab and the dump configura- tion will be updated to reflect the device name changes. -L Display the device name changes from non-Solaris I/O multipathing device names to Solaris I/O multipathing device names. -l controller_number Display the device name changes from non-Solaris I/O multipathing device names to Solaris I/O multipathing device names for the speci- fied controller. Along with its primary function of enabling or disabling Solaris I/O multipathing, the stmsboot command is used to update vfstab and the dump configuration to reflect device name changes. For a system to function properly, you must configure the applications that consume the devices by old names to use the new names. The -L and -l options display the mapping between the old and new device names. These options work after the changes made to the Solaris I/O multipathing configuration have taken effect. For example, you can use these options following the reboot after invoking stmsboot -e. The old device names must exist in order to display the mappings. Example 1: Enabling Solaris I/O Multipathing Following OS Upgrade To enable Solaris I/O multipathing on all fibre channel (fp(7D)) controller ports run: # stmsboot -e Example 2: Disabling Solaris I/O Multipathing To disable Solaris I/O multipathing on all fibre channel (fp(7D)) controller ports, run: # stmsboot -d Example 3: Enabling Solaris I/O Multipathing on Selected Ports You want to enable Solaris I/O multipathing on some fibre channel controller ports and disable the feature on the rest. You edit the fp.conf file (see fp(7D)) to enable or disable Solaris I/O multipathing on specific controller ports. You then run the following command to have vfstab and the dump configuration updated to reflect the new device names: # stmsboot -u See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu, SUNWcslr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dumpadm(1M), ufsdump(1M), dumpdates(4), vfstab(4), fcp(7D), fctl(7D), fp(7D), qlc(7D), scsi_vhci(7D) Consult the Sun StorEdge Disk Tray [or Subsystem] Administrator's Guide for the T3, 3910, 3960, 6120, and 6320 storage subsystems. Sun StorEdge Traffic Manager Installation and Configuration Guide Solaris I/O multipathing is not supported on all devices. After enabling Solaris I/O multipathing, only those devices that Solaris I/O mul- tipathing supports are placed under Solaris I/O multipathing control. Non-supported devices remain as before. For Solaris releases prior to the current release, the -e and -d options remove the mpxio-disable property entries from fp.conf file (see fp(7D)) and add a global mpxio-disable entry to fp.conf. The current release of the Solaris operating system does not support the mpxio-disable property. Solaris I/O multipathing is always enabled. If you want to disable multipathing, you must use the mechanisms provided by the HBA drivers. See fp(7D). Enabling Solaris I/O Multipathing on a Sun StorEdge Disk Array The following applies to Sun StoreEdge T3, 3910, 3960, 6120, and 6320 storage subsystems. To place your Sun StorEdge disk subsystem under Solaris I/O multipathing control, in addition to enabling Solaris I/O multipathing, the mp_support of the subsystem must be set to mpxio mode. The preferred sequence is to change the subsystem's mp_support to mpxio mode, then run stmsboot -e. If Solaris I/O multipathing is already enabled but the subsystem's mp_support is not in mpxio mode, then change the mp_support to mpxio mode and run stmsboot -u. Refer to the Sun StorEdge Administrator's Guide for your subsystem for more details. ufsdump Users The ufsdump command keeps records of the filesystem dumps in /etc/dumpdates (see dumpdates(4)). Among other items, the records contain device names. An effect of the "active" stmsboot options (-e, -d, and -u) is to change the device name of a storage device. The stmsboot command does not modify the dumpdates file. Because of this, the dumpdates records will refer to the old device names, that is, the device names that were in effect before you ran stmsboot. The effect of this device name-dumpdates disagreement is that, following use of stms- boot, ufsdump will be processed as if no previous dump had ever been made, thus dumping the entire filesystem (effectively, a level 0 dump). Procedure to Use stmsboot in Sun Cluster Environment If possible, use stmsboot -e before you start installing Sun Cluster software. After you run stmsboot, you install Sun Cluster software as you normally would. If you install Sun Cluster software before running stmsboot, you must use the following procedure. On each machine in the cluster on which you want to enable the Solaris multipathing feature, enter: # stmsboot -e ...and allow the system to reboot. When the system comes up, enter the following two commands: 1. # /usr/cluster/bin/scdidadm -C 2. # /usr/cluster/bin/scdidadm -r The preceding commands update did mappings with new device names while preserving did instance numbers for disks that are connected to multiple cluster nodes. did instance numbers of the local disks might not be preserved. For this reason, the did disk names for local disks might change. 3. Update /etc/vfstab to reflect any new did disk names for your local disks. 4. Reboot the system. To disable the Solaris multipathing feature, use stmsboot -d (instead of stmsboot -e), then follow the procedure above. To view mappings between the old and new device names, run stmsboot -L. To view did device name mappings, run /usr/cluster/bin/scdidadm -L. 3 Mar 2005 stmsboot(1M)