Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Question about execl, replacing process's contents Post 302987999 by SirSalt on Monday 19th of December 2016 12:26:26 PM
Old 12-19-2016
Thanks, Don. That makes sense now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing contents of files from a bash script

I'm writing a shell script and I need to replace the contents of a configuration file based on what is passed to the script...can I replace expressions in a file from a bash shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HumanBeanDip
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question - replacing param values

Hello, Do you have any idea why the below sed command is also replacing the value of "PARAMETER2" instead of just "PARAMETER" in file1 ? % parameter=PARAMETER % new_value=2 % cat file1 PARAMETER=1 PARAMETER2=1 % cat file1 | sed s/*$/${new_value}/1 PARAMETER=2 PARAMETER2=2 Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing contents in a file from multiple programmes

Hi All, I have a query on Perl. I have a text file which has 3 lines, i want to only replace the first line with my replaced text and keep the rest of the text. FOr eg Before change --> echo:a:pending echo:b:pending echo:c:pending After change ---> echo:a:done echo:b:pending... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tosatesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing text with contents from another file

I'm trying to change the ramfs size in kernel .config automatically. I have a ramfs_size file generated with du -s cat ramfs_size 64512 I want to replace the linux .config's ramdisk size with the above value CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=73728 Right now I'm doing something dumb like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amoeba
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing string in all instances (both filenames and file contents) in a directory

Hi, I have a set of files stored in a single directory that I use to set parameters for a physics code, and I would like to streamline the process of updating them all when I change a parameter. For instance, if the files are called A2000p300ini, A2000p300sub, A2000p300run, and the text in each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueChris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for copying the contents of other file replacing it another file on specifc pattern

We have 2 file XML files - FILE1.XML and FILE2.xml - we need copy the contents of FILE1.XML and replace in FILE2.xml pattern "<assignedAttributeList></assignedAttributeList>" FILE1.XML 1. <itemList> 2. <item type="Manufactured"> 3. <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode> 4. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question - How do I print contents of an array on a single line?

I have the following code: print @testarray; which returns: 8 8 8 9 How do I return the array like this: The output is: 8, 8, 8, 9 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing a particular string in all files in folder and file contents

I need to replace all filesnames in a folder as well as its content from AK6 to AK11. Eg Folder has files AK6-Create.xml, AK6-system.py etc.. the files names as well as contents should be changes to AK9-Create.xml, AK9-system.py etc All files are xml and python scripts. ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Candid247
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem using execl to start a tftp process

Hi, I'm very new to Linux but have been muddling my way through quite happily until recently. I'm trying to write a program in C++ which starts a new process using the execl command. I am trying to run the tftp process as follows: char ip_addr = "..."; if (execl("usr/bin/tftp", "tftp",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoC
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Quick question]Problem with execl and GREP

Guys, I have the following code #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <unistd.h> void read2(); main(int argc, char** argv) { int pid,status; pid=fork(); if ( pid == 0 ) { read2(argv,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfpietro
4 Replies
scsi_arq_status(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 				       scsi_arq_status(9S)

NAME
scsi_arq_status - SCSI auto request sense structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
When auto request sense has been enabled using scsi_ifsetcap(9F) and the "auto-rqsense" capability, the target driver must allocate a sta- tus area in the SCSI packet structure for the auto request sense structure (see scsi_pkt(9S)). In the event of a check condition, the transport layer automatically executes a request sense command. This check ensures that the request sense information does not get lost. The auto request sense structure supplies the SCSI status of the original command, the transport information pertaining to the request sense command, and the request sense data. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct scsi_status sts_status; /* SCSI status */ struct scsi_status sts_rqpkt_status; /* SCSI status of request sense cmd */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_reason; /* reason completion */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_resid; /* residue */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_state; /* state of command */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_statistics; /* statistics */ struct scsi_extended_sense sts_sensedata; /* actual sense data */ sts_status is the SCSI status of the original command. If the status indicates a check condition, the transport layer might have performed an auto request sense command. sts_rqpkt_status is the SCSI status of the request sense command. sts_rqpkt_reason is the completion reason of the request sense command. If the reason is not CMD_CMPLT, then the request sense command did not complete normally. sts_rqpkt_resid is the residual count of the data transfer and indicates the number of data bytes that have not been transferred. The auto request sense command requests SENSE_LENGTH bytes. sts_rqpkt_state has bit positions representing the five most important statuses that a SCSI command can go obtain. sts_rqpkt_statistics maintains transport-related statistics of the request sense command. sts_sensedata contains the actual sense data if the request sense command completed normally. SEE ALSO
scsi_ifgetcap(9F), scsi_init_pkt(9F), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 1996 scsi_arq_status(9S)