Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 mouse only moveable within an box area Post 302987758 by gandolf989 on Thursday 15th of December 2016 09:35:05 AM
Old 12-15-2016
If your mouse has a round ball inside, you may want to take it out and clean it with alcohol, or at least water. Make sure that you don't have lint building up inside.
This User Gave Thanks to gandolf989 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good uses for a Solaris box?

I picked up an Ultra 10 for a great price, installed Solaris 10, and aside from running the usual network services I'm wondering, what can I use this box for? What are the killer apps for Solaris that you can't run on anything else? It's got the Elite3D graphics, and while I'm sure they're no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b00m3rang
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java into Solaris box

Hi need to install java in a Unix box, but have not been able to. Does anyone know where I can find information on where and how to install. THank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: federico
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Error on Solaris box

We are getting the following error: warning: pm: Can't set power level of TSI, gfxp to level 0 The machine is running Solaris 8. I think it is a SUn 220R box. Any ideas what this means? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear friends, My mouse can not work in my Solaris 10 machine. The mouse itself is OK, i can use it without problems in my colleagues' Unixs. I outstationed for a few weeks, after came back, it can not work already. The cursor will float in the centre of my screen and can never move,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear frends, My mouse in Solaris 10 machine has just failed today. The mouse itself is physically Ok, I can use it in my colleagues' Unix. In my own box, the cursor is just floating in the centre of screen. Any suggestions? Any method to check / modify hardware in solaris 10? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

9. Solaris

E1 on Solaris box

hi, can someone please guide me if there is any special hardware to use when we need to terminate an E1/T1 link on a Solaris10 box. I have a number of boxes and these all are located at longer distances. the only connectivity is the E1 links between these far location locations. Would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)