Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 mouse only moveable within an box area Post 302987756 by joeyg on Thursday 15th of December 2016 09:02:54 AM
Old 12-15-2016
Need more info...

This could be one of lots of issues. What have you tried and ruled out?
And, what is your setup? Are you running an x-windows product?
Have you tried another keyboard and/or mouse?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good uses for a Solaris box?

I picked up an Ultra 10 for a great price, installed Solaris 10, and aside from running the usual network services I'm wondering, what can I use this box for? What are the killer apps for Solaris that you can't run on anything else? It's got the Elite3D graphics, and while I'm sure they're no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b00m3rang
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java into Solaris box

Hi need to install java in a Unix box, but have not been able to. Does anyone know where I can find information on where and how to install. THank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: federico
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Error on Solaris box

We are getting the following error: warning: pm: Can't set power level of TSI, gfxp to level 0 The machine is running Solaris 8. I think it is a SUn 220R box. Any ideas what this means? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear friends, My mouse can not work in my Solaris 10 machine. The mouse itself is OK, i can use it without problems in my colleagues' Unixs. I outstationed for a few weeks, after came back, it can not work already. The cursor will float in the centre of my screen and can never move,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear frends, My mouse in Solaris 10 machine has just failed today. The mouse itself is physically Ok, I can use it in my colleagues' Unix. In my own box, the cursor is just floating in the centre of screen. Any suggestions? Any method to check / modify hardware in solaris 10? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

9. Solaris

E1 on Solaris box

hi, can someone please guide me if there is any special hardware to use when we need to terminate an E1/T1 link on a Solaris10 box. I have a number of boxes and these all are located at longer distances. the only connectivity is the E1 links between these far location locations. Would it be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
0 Replies
Tk_Grab(3TK)						       Tk Library Procedures						      Tk_Grab(3TK)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Grab, Tk_Ungrab - manipulate grab state in an application SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_Grab(interp, tkwin, grabGlobal) void Tk_Ungrab(tkwin) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting Tk_Window tkwin (in) Window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed or released int grabGlobal (in) Boolean indicating whether the grab is global or application local _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set or release a global or application local grab. When a grab is set on a particular window in a Tk applica- tion, mouse and keyboard events can only be received by that window and its descendants. Mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is global, then all mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin (even those intended for windows in other applications) will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is application local, only mouse and keyboard events intended for a windows within the same application (but outside the tree rooted at tkwin) will be redi- rected. Tk_Grab sets a grab on a particular window. Tkwin specifies the window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed. GrabGlobal indicates whether the grab should be global or application local; if it is non-zero, it means the grab should be global. Normally, Tk_Grab returns TCL_OK; if an error occurs and the grab cannot be set, TCL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left if interp's result. Once this call completes successfully, no window outside the tree rooted at tkwin will receive pointer- or keyboard-related events until the next call to Tk_Ungrab. If a previous grab was in effect within the application, then it is replaced with a new one. Tcl_Ungrab releases a grab on the mouse pointer and keyboard, if there is one set on the window given by tkwin. Once a grab is released, pointer and keyboard events will start being delivered to other windows again. KEYWORDS
grab, window ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk Tk_Grab(3TK)