Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Post 302987751 by rbatte1 on Thursday 15th of December 2016 06:54:45 AM
Old 12-15-2016
I think you need to be a bit more specific. Can you consider the following?:-
  • You say that you "...installed some packages required by an app ....." but you don't say what they are.
  • What version of Solaris are you using? I could guess, but it's just a partial path name that we have to go on. The output from uname -a would be useful here (feel free to replace the serial number in the 2nd/3rd field)
  • What do you see in the system logs?
  • What do you see in the logs created when you installed the nameless packages?
Otherwise, it's rather like phoning a mechanic to say your car won't work, hanging up and expecting a diagnosis.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unrecognized Path in .bash_profile

Dear experts, I have installed Ruby in the following directory: $ pwd /home/ewijaya/.ruby $ ls bin lib share And I have also stated the PATH in my bash_profile like this: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then . ~/.bashrc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

3. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label of a external HD

I have a external HD that I can't seem to open. When I try to open it with gparted it says unrecognized disk. When I run gparted from the terminal this is what it says. ~ $ sudo gparted ====================== libparted : 2.2 ====================== /dev/sdb: unrecognised disk label When I... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
18 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

unrecognized vxfs version after vgimport

Hi! We have two HP-UX 11.23. I created VG on host A, exported and imported it on host B, but when I try to mount any LV I get "unrecognized vxfs version" version error. Could anyone please suggest something I can do in this situation? I tried to import VG back to host A and I successfully mounted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 : gcc unrecognized -rdynamic option

Hi all, I'm trying to compile gdb (7.4.1) 64 bit on Solaris 9 SPARC. First, I launch the configuration ~/gdb-7.4.1$>CC="gcc -m64" ./configure --disable-tui --prefix=$HOME/destdir/ Then, compilation ~/gdb-7.4.1$>make During compilation gcc (3.4.6) is not enable to recognized the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubsland
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unrecognized Spanish characters from windows to Linux

Background: I want to upload the file from windows to RHEL5 server, the file stores Spanish words with UTF-8 encoding. it's used as the data source for loading to database. some special characters in files like following. í ó Ñ á Linux setting: $ echo $LANG en_US.UTF-8 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with unrecognized zip format

Hi Friend, i have tried to generated zip file and received with attached mail by. But attachment file is unrecognized format not zip file by crontab, which is not able open. but there is no issue when the script is ran manually but i have received zip format. i am appriciate for your... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
9 Replies

8. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label on my external HD

Hi everyone, I have an external hard drive and I accidentally deleted the partition table. Can I restore my files? If I try to run the f-disk command this is what it says Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sampa
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Expert Recovery Shell - Fatal Error: Unrecognized disk layout

I have a B.11.31 U ia64 system where I swremove the disk driver "SerialSCSI-00 B.11.31.1303 PCI-X/PCI-E SerialSCSI" (by mistake). afterwards the system won;t boot because of the missing disk drivers. I'm trying to recover my kernel by using the image HP-ux_11_31_disc_1.iso Run an Expert... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: black_fender
1 Replies

10. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies
DH_PYCENTRAL(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_PYCENTRAL(1)

NAME
dh_pycentral - use the python-central framework to handle Python modules and extensions SYNOPSIS
dh_pycentral [debhelper options] [-n] [-Xitem] [-V version] [module dirs ...] DESCRIPTION
dh_pycentral is a debhelper program that will scan your package, detect public Python modules and move them in /usr/share/pycentral so that python-central can byte-compile those for all supported Python versions. Extensions are kept into the original installation location. Moving the files to the pycentral location and adding symbolic links to /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/*-packages can be done by setting the environment varibale DH_PYCENTRAL to a string containing the string include-links. Moving the files to the pycentral location can be disabled by setting the environment varibale DH_PYCENTRAL to a string containing the string nomove. The functionality to shorten the time of unavailabilty of files during unpack and configure has been removed (symlinking files in the preinst and not removing the symlinked files on upgrade) in version 0.6.9. You must have filled the XS-Python-Version header to indicate the set of python versions that are going to be supported. dh_pycentral expects the XB-Python-Version for each binary package it is supposed to work on. dh_pycentral will also generate substitution variables: the ${python:Provides} variable will contain versioned provides of the package (if the package's name starts with "python-"). A python-foo package could provide "python2.3-foo" and "python2.4-foo" at the same time. Python extensions have to provide those whereas it's only option for pure python modules. The ${python:Versions} variable should be used to provide the required XB-Python-Version field listing the python versions supported by the package. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_pycentral check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and /usr/lib/python?.?/dist-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. With the new policy, this option is mostly deprecated. Use the XS-Python-Field to indicate that you're using a specific python version. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain "item" anywhere in their filename from being taken into account to generate the python dependency. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. CONFORMS TO
Python policy, version 0.4.1 (2006-06-20) SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of python-central but is made to work with debhelper. AUTHORS
Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> Also includes bits of the old dh_python written by Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> who used many ideas from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org>. 2011-04-14 DH_PYCENTRAL(1)