Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Cluster Device Problem Post 302987360 by Peasant on Thursday 8th of December 2016 11:43:12 AM
Old 12-08-2016
Most important part is to use ISCSI protocol instead of shared virtualbox devices.

Get a box to act as ISCSI target, while your cluster nodes are initiators.
This is your disk subsystem from which your will make failover zpools or metasets.

Also the document is outdated for current releases, you might want to keep that in mind.

Once you have ISCSI setup done, you can just follow the regular documentation for your release keeping mind of iscsi notes if existing.

Hope that helps
Best regards
Peasant.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Solaris 10 - Cluster Problem

Hi, I am trying to install Solaris cluster with Solaris10 and Cluster suite 3.2 2/08. After going through customer configuration in "scinstall" utility, I am facing a problem. At the time of selecting 2nd node's file system type, I am giving input as /globaldevices which is very much part of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2joshi
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris cluster scdidadm Inquiry on device failed.

Solaris 10, Solaris Cluser 3.2, two node cluster, all software installed succefully, all nodes join to the cluster And on snod2 didn't recognize disks as a did devices and I can't make a quorum device. snod1#/usr/cluster/bin/cluster status === Cluster Nodes === --- Node Status --- Node... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uran
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

PaceMaker Cluster Fence Device

I have 2 VM's setup with a shared VMware disk running RHEL 7.1 (just updated to 7.2 with yum update), and would like to know what is the easiest Fence device to implement for testing purposes. Apparently, I need a fence device before my IP resources will come online. I have the cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
ISCSI.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     ISCSI.CONF(5)

NAME
iscsi.conf -- iSCSI initiator configuration file DESCRIPTION
The file iscsi.conf, is used by the iscsictl(8) and iscontrol(8) utilities. It contains declarations and parameter/key-options. The syntax is very simple, variable = value; and they can be grouped via a block declaration: # this is a comment target_1 { # nickname variable = value; ... } # this must be on a line by itself. The following are specified in the iSCSI RFC 3720, for a full description see sections 11/12 of the RFC. AuthMethod currently only supported authentication method is CHAP, with digest either MD5 or SHA. Default is none. HeaderDigest a digest is calculated on the header of all iSCSI PDUs, and checked. Only CRC32C is implemented. Default is none. DataDigest same as for HeaderDigest, but on the data part of the iSCSI PDU. (not yet tested) TargetName is the name by which the target is known, not to be confused with target address, either obtained via the target administra- tor, or from a discovery session. InitiatorName if not specified, defaults to iqn.2005-01.il.ac.huji.cs: <hostname>. TargetAddress is of the form domainname[:port][,portal-group-tag] to quote the RFC: The domainname can be specified as either a DNS host name, a dotted-decimal IPv4 address, or a bracketed IPv6 address as specified in [RFC2732]. Note: portal-group-tag is unused at the moment. not implemented yet. MaxRecvDataSegmentLength the maximum data segment length in bytes it can receive in an iSCSI PDU, default is 8192. MaxOutstandingR2T is used to calculate/negotiate the tag opening, can be overridden by the tag option. SessionType either Discovery or Normal, default is Normal, see the -d flag of iscontrol. The following are not specified in the RFC 3720 offload Name of selected iSCSI hardware offload driver. port The iSCSI port used by the iSCSI protocol, defaults to 3260. tags Sets the tag opening to the value specified. maxluns overrides the compiled value of luns, see iscsi_initiator(4). This value can only be reduced. sockbufsize sets the receiver and transmitter socket buffer size to size, in kilobytes. The default is 128. If AuthMethod is set to CHAP, then the following must also be set: chapSecret this shared-secret. Can be either an ASCII string (e.g. hello world), a hex string (e.g 0xababcd0987654321...), or base64 string (eg 0b...) chapIName the chap-name, defaults to hostname. chapDigest can be MD5 or SHA1. tgtChapName/tgtChapSecret name and secret used for mutual CHAP; by default, mutual CHAP is not used. FILES
/etc/iscsi.conf EXAMPLES
# # Globals # port = 3260 # myiscsi { # nickname targetaddress = iscsi1 targetname = iqn.1900.com.com:sn.123456 } chaptest { targetaddress= 10.0.0.1; targetname = iqn.1900.com.com:sn.123456 initiatorname= iqn.2005-01.il.ac.huji.cs:nobody authmethod = CHAP; chapDigest = SHA1; chapsecret = 0x3713c3336d9a224c2791c873d3d2b174 tags = 256 } SEE ALSO
iscsi_initiator(4), iscontrol(8), iscsictl(8) STANDARDS
ISCSI RFC 3720 BUGS
Some options have not been implemented, either they were found to be unnecessary, or not understood, this can change in the future. The tags opening value is difficult to calculate, use wisely. BSD
February 4, 2015 BSD