Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Cluster Device Problem Post 302987317 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 8th of December 2016 06:13:19 AM
Old 12-08-2016
Have you worked through the whitepaper?

https://blogs.oracle.com/TF/resource...Box-extern.pdf

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Solaris 10 - Cluster Problem

Hi, I am trying to install Solaris cluster with Solaris10 and Cluster suite 3.2 2/08. After going through customer configuration in "scinstall" utility, I am facing a problem. At the time of selecting 2nd node's file system type, I am giving input as /globaldevices which is very much part of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2joshi
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris cluster scdidadm Inquiry on device failed.

Solaris 10, Solaris Cluser 3.2, two node cluster, all software installed succefully, all nodes join to the cluster And on snod2 didn't recognize disks as a did devices and I can't make a quorum device. snod1#/usr/cluster/bin/cluster status === Cluster Nodes === --- Node Status --- Node... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uran
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

PaceMaker Cluster Fence Device

I have 2 VM's setup with a shared VMware disk running RHEL 7.1 (just updated to 7.2 with yum update), and would like to know what is the easiest Fence device to implement for testing purposes. Apparently, I need a fence device before my IP resources will come online. I have the cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies
cmrunnode(1m)															     cmrunnode(1m)

NAME
cmrunnode - run a node in a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmrunnode [-v] [node_name...] [-t | -w none] DESCRIPTION
cmrunnode causes a node to start its cluster daemon to join the existing cluster. This command verifies the network configuration before causing the node to start its cluster daemon. To start a cluster on one of its nodes, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the clus- ter configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1m). Starting a node will not cause any active packages to be moved to the new node. However, if a package is DOWN, has its switching enabled, and is able to run on the new node, that package will automatically run there. If node_name is not specified, the cluster daemon will be started on the local node and will join the existing cluster. Options cmrunnode supports the following options: -v Verbose output will be displayed. -t Test only. Provide an assessment of the package placement without affecting the current state of the nodes or packages. The -w option is not required with the -t option as -t does not validate network connectivity, but assumes that all the nodes can meet any external dependencies such as EMS resources, package subnets, and storage. node_name... Start the cluster daemon on the specified node(s). -w none By default network probing is performed to check that the network connectivity is the same as when the cluster was configured. Any anomalies are reported before the cluster daemons are started. The -w none option disables this probing. The option should only be used if this network configuration is known to be correct from a recent check. RETURN VALUE
cmrunnode returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Run the cluster daemon on the current node: cmrunnode Run the cluster daemons on node1 and node2: cmrunnode node1 node2 AUTHOR
cmrunnode was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltcl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmviewcl(1m), cmeval(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmrunnode(1m)