Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming No output screen when run from file manager Post 302986502 by RudiC on Saturday 26th of November 2016 05:46:44 AM
Old 11-26-2016
You may want to check the configuration files for links between your program's extension and the terminal to open. Or, for a test, you could give it an extension that opens a window.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeing the screen output beyond the scroll capability for the last run command

HI , I forgot to redirect my op to a file.The op which is quite huge , thus printed on the screen.However bcoz of the limited viewing in the screenI can not see the whole of the output.. Is there anyway I can see the full op.My run takes half a day for finnishing ..So I am refraining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bimukt
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Output terminal sessions to screen and log file

I would like to use a terminal session to ssh to switches and routers. I need to capture data while logged into switches to a file I can email for troubleshooting. I use termial to log into Cisco switch, run the sh tech command, and then sent the output to cisco. Is there a way to run a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdelliott
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print script output to screen and file

Hi all, I have a script that bulk loads thousands of lines of data. I need to log the output during the execution of the script. I know I can redirect (">") the output to a file; however, I want the output going to both the screen and the log file. I thought I could use pipe to pipe the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complete Screen Output to Log File

Hi, I would need to log the whole screen ouput to a log file. All Inputs from the Agent, all echo´s and DBMS Outputs from the PL/SQL. Basicly everything what I can see during the run on the screen. I tried it already with #exec 2>$BASELOG/RUN.log #exec 1>$BASELOG/RUN.log #exec >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enjoy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output in a file and on screen

I am trying to get following result from the scipt I have. First time it generates the o/p in correct format. However if I run it again it appends to the existing file. I would like to see o/p on screen as well as save it in file. Everytime it should create new file. ## I/P file 0174 0175... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Screen output to a file

Hi All, I am trying to out of shell script when i run it like sh /mypath/abc.sh ....a screen log should be generated whenever i input the values, when above the script prompt for values Regards Amarendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
3 Replies
run(1F) 							   FMLI Commands							   run(1F)

NAME
run - run an executable SYNOPSIS
run [ -s] [-e] [-n] [-t string] program DESCRIPTION
The run command runs program, using the PATH variable to find it. By default, when program has completed, the user is prompted (Press ENTER to continue:), before being returned to FMLI. The argument program is a system executable followed by its options (if any). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -e If -e is specified, the user will be prompted before returning to FMLI only if there is an error condition -n If -n is specified, the user will never be prompted before returning to FMLI (useful for programs like vi, in which the user must do some specific action to exit in the first place). -s The -s option means "silent", implying that the screen will not have to be repainted when program has completed. Note that the -s option should only be used when program does not write to the terminal. In addition, when -s is used, program cannot be interrupted, even if it recognizes interrupts. -tstring If -t is specified, string is the name this process will have in the pop-up menu generated by the frm-list command. This feature requires the executable facesuspend (see face(1)) to suspend the process and return to the FMLI appli- cation. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output of run command Here is a menu that uses run: menu="Edit special System files" name="Password file" action=`run -e vi /etc/passwd` name="Group file" action=`run -e vi /etc/group` name="My .profile" action=`run -n vi $HOME/.profile` ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
face(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 1999 run(1F)