Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming No output screen when run from file manager Post 302986436 by jim mcnamara on Friday 25th of November 2016 07:49:32 AM
Old 11-25-2016
Basic C++ code uses stdout, and does not "know" about Windows at all. Windowing requires a fair amount of code - when you run something like it has to call whatever windowing libraries your system has.

Visual Studio handles that in Windows. Since we know zero about your system, we are giving you "zero" kinds of answers. If you want actual help:
1. what UNIX/Linux system
2. what gui do you have? KDE, Gnome, etc.
3. do you use an IDE on the UNIX/Linux side?

If the program is smallish, posting the code will also help.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeing the screen output beyond the scroll capability for the last run command

HI , I forgot to redirect my op to a file.The op which is quite huge , thus printed on the screen.However bcoz of the limited viewing in the screenI can not see the whole of the output.. Is there anyway I can see the full op.My run takes half a day for finnishing ..So I am refraining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bimukt
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Output terminal sessions to screen and log file

I would like to use a terminal session to ssh to switches and routers. I need to capture data while logged into switches to a file I can email for troubleshooting. I use termial to log into Cisco switch, run the sh tech command, and then sent the output to cisco. Is there a way to run a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdelliott
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print script output to screen and file

Hi all, I have a script that bulk loads thousands of lines of data. I need to log the output during the execution of the script. I know I can redirect (">") the output to a file; however, I want the output going to both the screen and the log file. I thought I could use pipe to pipe the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complete Screen Output to Log File

Hi, I would need to log the whole screen ouput to a log file. All Inputs from the Agent, all echo´s and DBMS Outputs from the PL/SQL. Basicly everything what I can see during the run on the screen. I tried it already with #exec 2>$BASELOG/RUN.log #exec 1>$BASELOG/RUN.log #exec >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enjoy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output in a file and on screen

I am trying to get following result from the scipt I have. First time it generates the o/p in correct format. However if I run it again it appends to the existing file. I would like to see o/p on screen as well as save it in file. Everytime it should create new file. ## I/P file 0174 0175... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Screen output to a file

Hi All, I am trying to out of shell script when i run it like sh /mypath/abc.sh ....a screen log should be generated whenever i input the values, when above the script prompt for values Regards Amarendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
3 Replies
premake(1)							    Development 							premake(1)

Name
       premake - a build script generator

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Jason Perkins and the Premake Project Lua 5.1 Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

Usage
	--file name	  Process the specified premake script file

--clean 	  Remove all binaries and build scripts
	--verbose	Generate verbose makefiles (where applicable)

--cc name	  Choose a C/C++ compiler, if supported by target; one of:
	     gcc       GNU gcc compiler
	     dmc       Digital Mars C/C+ compiler (experimental)

--dotnet name	  Choose a .NET compiler set, if supported by target; one of:
	     ms        Microsoft (csc)
	     mono      Mono (mcs)
	     mono2     Mono .NET 2.0 (gmcs)
	     pnet      Portable.NET (cscc)

--os name	  Generate files for different operating system; one of:
	     bsd       OpenBSD, NetBSD, or FreeBSD
	     linux     Linux
	     macosx    MacOS X
	     windows   Microsoft Windows

--target name	  Generate input files for the specified toolset; one of:
	     cb-gcc    Code::Blocks Studio with GCC
	     cb-ow     Code::Blocks Studio with Open Watcom C/C++
	     cl-gcc    CodeLite with GCC
	     gnu       GNU Makefile for POSIX, MinGW, and Cygwin
	     monodev   MonoDevelop
	     sharpdev  ICSharpCode SharpDevelop
	     vs6       Microsoft Visual Studio 6
	     vs2002    Microsoft Visual Studio 2002
	     vs2003    Microsoft Visual Studio 2003
	     vs2005    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (includes Express editions)
	     vs2008    Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (experimental)

--help		  Display this information
	--version	  Display version information

Jason Perkins and the Premake Project					3.7								premake(1)