Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP C8000 with HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX HP C8000 with HP-UX 10.20 Post 302986232 by JesseD on Tuesday 22nd of November 2016 10:20:40 AM
Old 11-22-2016
10.20 will not play on the C8000.. We have tried it many times. The best workstation you are going to get to run 10.20 is the rare J7600 or J7000.. more available are the J5600 & J5000.

Jesse
Cypress Tech

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX 11i and HP C8000

Hey, i want install HP UX 11i on HP C8000. When i start the C8000 i get a prompt. On this Prompt i write BOot P1 P1 is my DVD-ROM (IDE). I get the Message "ERROR: Not a boot path". When i write SEArch the Prompt said: P0 scsiA.6 HP73.4MAT3073NP P1 ide.1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numx
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies
play(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   play(1)

NAME
play - play any sound file to audio device rec - record audio to any sound file format SYNOPSIS
play [fopts] infile [effect] rec [fopts] outfile [effect] DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the play and rec commands. play and rec are programs that allow you to play and record different types of sound files from the command line. They are front ends to the more general sox(1) package. Normally, the play command will automatically detect the type and other parameters of the soundfile. If it can't do so, the parameters can be changed through options. OPTIONS
A summary of common options are included below. For a complete description of options and their values, see the sox(1) man page. -c [channels], --channels=[channels] Define the number of channels in the file. -d [device], --device=[device] Specify a different device to play the sound file to. -f [format], --format=[format] Specify bit format of the sample. One of s, u, U, A, a, or g. -r [rate], --rate=[rate] Specify the sample rate of the audio data (samples per second). -s [size], --size=[size] Specify the width of each sample. One of b, w, l, f, d, or D. -t [type], --type=[type] Specify audio file format to use. Useful if it can not be automatically determined. -v [volume], --volume=[volume] Change the audio volume -x , --xinu Reverse the byte order of the sample (only works with 16 and 32-bit data). -h, --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of play/rec. Description of effects are described in the sox(1) man page. SEE ALSO
sox(1) soxexam(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Guenter Geiger <geiger@iem.mhsg.ac.at>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Updates by Anonymous. December 11, 2001 play(1)