Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure dual stack on existing Solaris 10 Post 302986003 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 18th of November 2016 06:07:13 AM
Old 11-18-2016
Now try the first command again:
Code:
# ifconfig e1000g0:1 inet6 plumb

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot Solaris 8

Greetings, I have learned much since joining the message board, but I was unable to locate any information concerning dual booting Solaris with Windows on a machine with standardized equipment. I have read on the sun.com page that it is possible and can even be pushed to the rear partition, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TStoddard
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris dual boot

Hello friends, On sparc 5 with solaris 8 i like to have dual boot with solaris 9. is this correct that the minimum memmory must be 96 mb for dual boot? do you recommand dual boot on unix? solaris 8 will be the testing environment and solaris 9 the production. does any one has this type... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Dual Solaris On same Disk

Hi, I have a 120GB Hard disk on SUN Blade 1500 machine. Is it possible to have Solaris 8 and Solaris 10 on same disk. In case if it is possible, then what would be the initail steps to be carried out before installation. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_sapre
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris dual boot

hi ;) So I have 2 HDD (SATA and ATA). On the SATA I've installed WindwosXP and now I want to install solaris 10 on the ATA disk. Is it possible if the ATA disk is primary to make dual boot ? thank you very much (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nocture
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris and Xp in dual boot

Hello,I've a big problem. On my hd I've Windows Xp and after I've installed Solaris 10. Solaris now run perfectly but I can't boot the Xp partition.I've tried with grub super disk and I receive an error 12 when I try to boot the Windows partition.However with the windows cd the partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies

7. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Dual screen in Solaris 10

Hi. I have a question.. how can i do a dual screen in CME with the same desktop.. with consule.. ?! sry for wrong selection in forum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: defs
1 Replies
sppptun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sppptun(1M)

NAME
sppptun - PPP tunneling driver utility SYNOPSIS
sppptun plumb sppptun plumb protocol device sppptun unplumb interface sppptun query DESCRIPTION
The sppptun utility is used to configure and query the Solaris PPP tunneling device driver, /dev/sppptun. Currently, only PPP over Ether- net (PPPoE) is supported, so the plumb and unplumb arguments are used to specify Ethernet interfaces that are to be used for PPPoE, and the query option lists the plumbed interfaces. The use of sppptun to add interfaces is similar to the use of ifconfig(1M) to add interfaces to IP. The plumbing is done once for each interface, preferably at system start-up time, and is not normally manipulated on a running system. If multiple instances of PPP are run over a single interface, they share the plumbing to that interface. Plumbing for each session is not required (and not possible for PPPoE). The proper way to plumb interfaces for PPPoE is to list the interfaces, one per line, in the /etc/ppp/pppoe.if file. USAGE
sppptun plumb When specified with no additional arguments, the plumb argument lists the protocols that are supported by the utility. These are the strings that are used as the protocol argument below. sppptun plumb protocol device This plumbs a new interface into the driver. The protocol parameter is pppoe for the PPP-carrying "Session Stage" connection or pppoed for the PPPoE "Discovery Stage" connection. Both connections must be present for each Ethernet interface that is to be used for PPPoE. The device parameter is the path name of the Ethernet interface to use (use ifconfig(1M) to list available devices). If the path begins with /dev/, then this portion may be omitted. sppptun unplumb interface This removes an existing interface from the driver and terminates any PPP sessions that were using the interface. The interface parame- ter is the name of the interface as reported when the interface was plumbed. sppptun query Displays the canonical names of all interfaces plumbed into the /dev/sppptun device driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Setting up to Use PPPoE on hme0 Plumb the hme0 interface. # sppptun plumb pppoed hme0 hme0:pppoed # sppptun plumb pppoe hme0 hme0:pppoe Remove the hme0 interface. # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoed # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoe Example 2: Script to Remove All Plumbed Interfaces #!/bin/sh for intf in `sppptun query` do sppptun unplumb $intf done EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 One or more errors occurred. FILES
/etc/ppp/pppoe.if list of Ethernet interfaces to be plumbed at boot time /usr/sbin/sppptun executable command /dev/sppptun Solaris PPP tunneling device driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpppdt | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pppd(1M), pppoec(1M), pppoed(1M), sppptun(7M) RFC 2516, Method for Transmitting PPP Over Ethernet (PPPoE), Mamakos et al, February 1999 SunOS 5.10 19 Mar 2001 sppptun(1M)