Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH Protocol Support
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SSH Protocol Support Post 302985698 by alvinoo on Monday 14th of November 2016 09:23:40 AM
Old 11-14-2016
SSH Protocol Support

Hi there,

I learnt about a case where SSH-1.99 is supported by SSH service, both SSH 1.5 and 2.0 is special.

Btw, I want to know what kind of authentication mechanism are supported by SSH, here is what I thought of:
  1. Public/ Private Key Pair
  2. Password Authentication

Last edited by rbatte1; 11-14-2016 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: Converted to formatted number-list

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix terminal protocol

I need to accomodate terminals running off an NCR UNIX SCO server. I need the protocol so I can get the correct S/W image for the router. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de2934
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Protocol Numbers

I'm planning on putting together a chart of basic information (port number, protocol number, transport layer protocol, etc) on different protocols (FTP, ICMP, DNS, IP, etc) I found: http://www.phys-iasi.ro/Library/RFCs/rfc1700.htm and that tells me a little bit of information but I'm looking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

protocol

iam doing a research on WAN so pliz any body can give me or tell me where i would find communication protocol map..thats all 7 layers..OIS MODEL (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravineelkumar
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP protocol

dear friends , how can I use the SNMP protocol to monitor the network and send notification alerts to the clients which have windows machines. I found the utility snmp_trapsend at the directory /usr/sbin ,how can I use this command ?? my server is SUN SOLARIS. please help !!!:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ahmed waheed
1 Replies

5. AIX

SSH Protocol Version 1

SSH Protocol Version 1 Session Key Retrieval Disable compatibility with version 1 of the protocol can any one advice in this regard and how can I Disable compatibility with version 1 of the protocol Pls advice .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want know about network protocol testing

Hi guys, i want to know about network protocol testing. 1. What is network protocol testing? 2. Whats the role of network protocol tester? 3. Is there good future scope in network protocol testing field? 4. Just give me a example of protocol testing. 5. How it relates to perl or unix? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Regarding Protocol certiifcation

Hello Forum Members, I am siva ranganath from Hyderabad-India. I have an work experince of 4.5 years as application developer and support member in open source systems.i am good basic network programing ie applications developing in TCP/IP and i have an experince of 1 year in this N/W... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Diameter protocol performance on RH 6.4

Hi, I recently upgraded from RH 6.2 to RH 6.4 on our diameter application server. After the upgrade, we saw the performance throughput of out diameter application went down about 40%. From 459K transaction per second to 234K TPS on RH 6.4. Nothing has changed in the network. I am using HP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanb81
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh does not support sqlplus and sudo -i?

Hey everybody, currently I am having an issue that I need to open an ssh session to a remote host, once on the remote host I need to use sudo and then execute sqlplus. Once the sqlplus call is open I need to execute one command while the sqlplus is active. For example show sga. I already got so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h1kelds
3 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)