Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cygwin_openssh logging
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Cygwin_openssh logging Post 302985299 by MikeAdkins on Tuesday 8th of November 2016 07:24:57 AM
Old 11-08-2016
Cygwin_openssh logging

Has anyone enabled Logging on cygwin_openssh? I uncommented Syslogfacility AUTH and loglevel VERBOSE in sshd_config, restarted but I still have not seen any logging???

Thanks in advance!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 11-08-2016 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Added ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logging

I have a SCO R5 Open Server Box running at a remote location, and from time to time it seems to "spontaneously" re-boot itself. Is there a specific log file that I can examine to see why the machine is doing this ? Any suggestions gratefully appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcs7088
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging

G'day Just wondering if anyone out there knows how to log files, using the example I provided in the earlier message / question earlier today: :confused: If I was to backup a file, how could I setup a log file to record the filename, date (This one I've got figured), and that the file was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussie_Bloke
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

logging

is there a log/ how do i make a log that logs every packet inbound or outbound through my server? I want every packet or packet fragment to be logged that comes to my server. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging when someone changes to su

Is there a file that captures info whenever someone logs to su? i know it comes across as standard output on the server, but is it saved anywhere? Time and date info included?? thanks, kym (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking about logging in

Hi, just wriiten a sh script and as my script will try to log into another server to delete some files but when i run , it keeps on saying that my files do not exist. It seems to refer to my local directory instead. Below is my script : FTP_HOST=ip_number FTP_USER="user password" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need more logging

Hi all! On our current Solaris 8 machine we only have "standard" logging configured, and now i need to put on more. What i specificly need is time in the logfiles. Ex. When a user is logging in, when a user makes it self SU. etc. Regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

7. Programming

Logging

Hi How to manage logging in an application. Actually I am developing a Client-Server application in c/c++ and want to manage an optional logging in my application, but since prior I have never done ths activity. Plz guide me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin_openssh time stamps

I've installed cygwin_openssh on Windows 2012 R2 and it's working great. My issue is when a file is uploaded say from a different timezone, when it is uploaded, it doesnt pick up the sftp servers time.. Is there a way to fix that? i.e. When someone in PST uploads a file to this server in EST,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikeAdkins
0 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-d start_directory] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -d start_directory specifies an alternate starting directory for users. The pathname may contain the following tokens that are expanded at runtime: %% is replaced by a literal '%', %h is replaced by the home directory of the user being authenticated, and %u is replaced by the user- name of that user. The default is to use the user's home directory. This option is useful in conjunction with the sshd_config(5) ChrootDirectory option. -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 4, 2013 BSD