Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C, UNIX: How to redirect 'stdout' to a file from a C code? Post 302983592 by alex_5161 on Thursday 13th of October 2016 01:58:52 PM
Old 10-13-2016
C, UNIX: How to redirect 'stdout' to a file from a C code?

I am looking for a way to redirect standard output to a file from a C-code;
so, any 'cout<<..' or 'printf(...)' will be written into a file.

I have a server source that I need to debug.
That program called by RPC (remote procedure call) and has no any session to print out anything.
I have some my source with set of macro and functions that are useful for debugging any source; but, it is writing into the standard output.

Therefore I would like to redirect the stdout to a file to use those debug-tools into the server source.

How that could be done?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with redirect stdout to file

Hi all hope you can help as I am going MAD!!! :eek: The below is in a shell script but the redirection in the sed line does not work and outputs to the screen and the $fname_2 does note get created ????? Can any one help ?? #!/bin/ksh cd /app/ for fname in `ls -1 X*` do sed 1d $fname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

STDOUT redirect to a FILE, when fuser command is used !!

Hi all, I have the following script: ------------------------------------------------- #SCRIPT TO CHECK WHO HAS ACCESSED THE LOG/FILE IN PAST 'N' MINUTES, AND MAIL ACCORDINGLY. MYPATH="/clocal/mqbrkrs/user/mqsiadm/sanjay/" MAIL_RECIPIENTS="vg517@dcx.com" Subject="File accessed in last... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect stderr and stdout to a file

Hi friends I am facing one problem while redirecting the out of the stderr and stdout to a file let example my problem with a simple example I have a file (say test.sh)in which i run 2 command in the background ps -ef & ls & and now i am run this file and redirect the output to a file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushantnirwan
8 Replies

4. Programming

redirect stdout

hello again! i use dup2 to redirect stdout. I run what i want, now i want undo this redirection. how can i do that? thanx in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect stdout/stderr to a file globally

Hi I am not if this is possible: is it possible in bach (or another shell) to redirect GLOBALLY the stdout/stderr channels to a file. So, if I have a script script.sh cmd1 cmd2 cmd3 I want all stdout/stderr goes to a file. I know I can do: ./script.sh 1>file 2>&1 OR ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islegmar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect STDOUT to a file in a subshell

Hi, I would like to avoid re-directing line by line to a file. What is the best way to re-direct STDOUT to a file in a subshell? Thanks in advance. Cheers Vj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnvee
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout and stderr to file wrong order problem with subshell

Hello I read a lot of post related to this topic, but nothing helped me. :mad: I'm running a ksh script with subshell what processing some ldap command. I need to check output for possible errors. #!/bin/ksh ... readinput < $QCHAT_INPUT |& while read -p line do echo $line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Osim
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

STDOUT redirect to file and format problems

Hi All, I am using centOS. When I try to redirect STDOUT to a file, it ends up in getting some funny characters. For example ... STDOUT of the command as follows. $ ls H3k27me3 H3k36me3 H3k4me1 H3k4me2 H3k4me3 H3k9ac H4k20me1 $ ls >test $ cat test ^ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chulamakuri
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect STDOUT & STDERR to file and then on screen

Dear all, redirecting STDOUT & STDERR to file is quite simple, I'm currently using: exec 1>>/tmp/tmp.log; exec 2>>/tmp/tmp.logBut during script execution I would like the output come back again to screen, how to do that? Thanks Lucas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect STDOUT & STDERR to file and then on screen

Dear all, redirecting STDOUT & STDERR to file is quite simple, I'm currently using: Code: exec 1>>/tmp/tmp.log; exec 2>>/tmp/tmp.log But during script execution I would like the output come back again to screen, how to do that? Thanks Luc edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags like the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
6 Replies
FBB::OneKey(3bobcat)						One keystroke input					      FBB::OneKey(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::OneKey - Single keystroke input, not requiring `Return' SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/onekey> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
OneKey objects may be used to realize `direct keyboard input': a pressed key becomes available without the need for pressing Enter. The characters are obtained from the standard input stream. Direct key entry remains in effect for as long as the OneKey object exists. Once the object is destroyed the standard input stream will return to its default mode of operation, in which input is `confirmed' by a newline character. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- ENUMERATION
The OneKey::Mode enumeration is used to control echoing of returned characters. It has two values: o OFF: returned characters are not echoed to the standard output stream; o ON: returned characters are echoed to the standard output stream. CONSTRUCTORS
o OneKey(OneKey::Mode state = OneKey::OFF): This constructor initializes the OneKey input object. By default, entered characters are not echoed. By constructing the object with the OneKey::ON argument, entered characters are echoed to the standard output stream. This construct throws an Errno exception if it not properly complete. The constructor may fail for the following reasons: o the standard input stream is not a tty (e.g., when the standard input stream is redirected to a file); o the current state of the standard input stream can't be determined; o the standard input stream's state can't be changed to the `direct keyboard input' mode. The copy constructor (and the overloaded assignement operator) are not available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
o int get() const: Returns the next character from the standard input stream, without the need for pressing Enter. o void setEcho(OneKey::Mode state): Changes the echo-state of the OneKey object. The argument may be either OneKey::ON or OneKey::OFF. o void verify() const: Obsoleted, will be removed in a future Bobcat release. EXAMPLE
/* driver.cc */ #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <bobcat/onekey> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { try { OneKey onekey; onekey.verify(); cout << "Usage: 1: next chars are echoed, 0: no echo, q: quits "; while (true) { char c; cout << "ready... "; cout << "Got character '" << (c = onekey.get()) << "' "; switch (c) { case '1': onekey.setEcho(OneKey::ON); break; case '0': onekey.setEcho(OneKey::OFF); break; case 'q': return 0; } } } catch (Errno const &e) { cout << e.why() << endl; return e.which(); } } FILES
bobcat/onekey - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::OneKey(3bobcat)