Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stopping Windows 10 Clients?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Stopping Windows 10 Clients? Post 302983559 by rbatte1 on Thursday 13th of October 2016 04:11:09 AM
Old 10-13-2016
Perhaps a policy that you role onto all the desktops could block outgoing traffic too, but it's hardly satisfactory. On the flip side, a browser should not be able to do damage to a web-server. If you web-server is vulnerable, then it needs patching. Most likely, if your application is vulnerable then that is a design issue that you probably can't lay at the door of Microsoft and is unlikely to be an issue only with Windows 10 of which a browser sits underneath.

There should be no material difference in the way a browser running under any operating system interacts with a web-server, there are standards for the conversations they will have and if they do not comply then the conversation is more likely to be terminated rather than do damage. The only possible exception might be a DoS issue if the browser loops, constantly issuing requests, but that is going to be a browser fault rather than a Windows 10 fault unless you have rogue software that is also making requests.

Good anti-virus/anti-malware is essential, whatever the platform.

Just my thoughts,
Robin

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to 20 Windows clients

I have got a unix server ( AIX ) and 20 clients ( windows 2000 ) . I have to transfer a file through FTP from the server to each of 20 clients daily to check the network speed. But each time I do ftp, I have to enter username and password and then transfer the file using "put <filename>". I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharuvman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Map Drive from UNIX Server to Windows Clients

hi all ;; I have a Tru64 UNIX machine , first i want my employees ( windows clients) to see specific directory on unix , and how can i put a unix command in a visual basic code to copy the contents of that directory to drive c in the client side who request that by clicking a push button. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kafaween
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stopping a processor

hi, Can any plz tell what is the command for stopping a processor? suppose a system is accessing 10 processors and we want to stop the 3rd & 6th processor then whats the command in Unix? thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm_virtual
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping a command in between

Hi Is it possible to stop a command executing after certain time? I have this command say prstat which keeps on giving the values etc of the processes after every 1 sec(refreshes the screen) What I want is just stop the execution after first screen Since I have written this command in shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
3 Replies

5. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup apps for Windows server, linux clients?

Hi guys. What would you recommend me a software running on Windows, and it is capable for backing up Windows and Linux (unix is optional) machines? The application should have following features: - Encryption. - Authentication - Open source if possible :) ... I found Amanda, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

stopping you have mail.....

Hi, on server Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3, I am getting the mail "you have mail" can any body suggest how to stop this? mail are getting generated in below path. /var/spool/postfix/maildrop, due to which heavy file are getting generated. though sendmail service is stopped. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
FLUSH(3)								 1								  FLUSH(3)

flush - Flush system output buffer

SYNOPSIS
void flush (void ) DESCRIPTION
Flushes the system write buffers of PHP and whatever backend PHP is using (CGI, a web server, etc). This attempts to push current output all the way to the browser with a few caveats. flush(3) may not be able to override the buffering scheme of your web server and it has no effect on any client-side buffering in the browser. It also doesn't affect PHP's userspace output buffering mechanism. This means you will have to call both ob_flush(3) and flush(3) to flush the ob output buffers if you are using those. Several servers, especially on Win32, will still buffer the output from your script until it terminates before transmitting the results to the browser. Server modules for Apache like mod_gzip may do buffering of their own that will cause flush(3) to not result in data being sent immedi- ately to the client. Even the browser may buffer its input before displaying it. Netscape, for example, buffers text until it receives an end-of-line or the beginning of a tag, and it won't render tables until the </table> tag of the outermost table is seen. Some versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer will only start to display the page after they have received 256 bytes of output, so you may need to send extra whitespace before flushing to get those browsers to display the page. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. SEE ALSO
ob_flush(3), ob_clean(3), ob_end_flush(3), ob_end_clean(3). PHP Documentation Group FLUSH(3)