Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer? Post 302982174 by RudiC on Monday 26th of September 2016 03:24:53 AM
Old 09-26-2016
readpst is a linux command to handle outlook PST (Personal Folders) files.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What can I do,if I want windows me and unix stay in the same computer?

My computer's operating system is windows me,now.I want install unix in it while I don't want to kill the windows me.So could u tell me what to do?I'd like you give me detailed information about it.Thank u. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: David
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how do you get 2 windows off your computer

i have windows 2000 professional and windows 98 on my computer but i onle want 1:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary_king
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cable Modem, Unix, XP Computer Primary, need advice setup!

I have a XP computer which is my primary. I recently, well just today installed a old version of Mandrake Linux 6.5 I had laying on a self collecting dust on a old PII 233mhz that had to be vacummed out before I could use it. I have my XP computer connected by 10/100 NIC to a cable modem. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run a script when your computer is idle

I am trying to run a script that I made when my computer is idle. How do I go about doing this. Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehansaeed
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process when the computer is idle?

Hi there, I wrote a script that scans a folder for new files. I don't want to run it at specific times but only when the computer is NOT busy. I tried to use nice but it doesn't really work. I mean, even if my process has less priority, it still slows down the other processes. I did a test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba setup in virtual server environment Windows/ Linux

I have a home network set up that consists of a few windows clients and 3 centos, and 1 suse client. These are all virtual machines, VMware Workstation. One centos vm is set to be the Samba server. Do I need Samba set up on the other Linux clients?I have no problem seeing the windows clients... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktb231
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run linux in windows 7 without dual boot?

tell me in steps if its virtual box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahor1989
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Linux command from windows

hi i downloaded nic demo application from nic.comuf.com. working fine ,but when i run batch script ,always display splash screen maybe 10 sec. how can i remove splash screen when run batch script.? thanks z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
2 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)