Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Run Linux command from windows Post 302982147 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 25th of September 2016 07:58:20 AM
Old 09-25-2016
Can you post the script so we can see? That is, if it really is a human readable script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to Run a Linux Command and Redirect its output to a socket in C

I have a Linux socket server program. I need to run the commands sent by the client and return the output to client. Is there a quicker way? I tried with ptr=popen(command, "r"); and then fgets(buf, size,ptr); write buf to socket fgets hangs for me. Now, I would like to know if I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshomallur
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

scp Command from Linux to Windows

Hi Everyone, I am trying to use the basic scp command in Linux to transfer a file over to a windows system, my syntax is as follows: scp <filename> <username)@<serveraddress>:directory. But the command keeps timing out. Any one have any thoughts? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twhitmarsh
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command script to be run in both AIX and LINUX

Hi, Script : #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "\n\t\t\t\t Enter your Name : \c" read name ############################## I ran the script in LINUX Enter your Name : abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz I ran the script in AIX Enter your Name : opqrstuvwxyz < I'm not able to see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunprathap
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run linux in windows 7 without dual boot?

tell me in steps if its virtual box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahor1989
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter

Hi, I accidentally did this: wadhwaso@nxsdgd01 deps]$sudo rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.5-107.x86_64 error: %postun(glibc-2.5-107.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and since then I am not able to run any command on this server except 'cd'. I always get the following error: $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
6 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

NDM command to run a Mainframe job from Linux

Hi Experts, I am trying to run a Mainframe Job from Linux using NDM process. I will be passing the contents of the Mainframe job as an parameter to the NDM script. This is working fine with FTP when i use the option filetype = jes, but in NDM i am not able to identify a similar option like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to run a Windows Setup on a Linux computer?

I am looking to run a Windows utility BitRecover PST Viewer. To help me read a pst file. Can anybody guide me how can I run this Windows utility on Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marktux
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run simple single command on multiple Linux servers?

Hi All, How can i run a single command on multiple servers with or without giving credentials. I have a file(servers.txt) which has got list of servers and i want to run a command lsb_release -dr on all these servers and get output of those servers against each server. I tried below code... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
9 Replies
UCFQ(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   UCFQ(1)

NAME
ucfq - query the ucf database SYNOPSIS
usage: ucfq [options] (/path/to/file|package)[/path/to/file|package ...] OPTIONS
--help h Print out a usage message. --debug -d Turn on debugging mode. --verbose -v Make the script more verbose.. --with-colons -w Normally, the script presents the information in a human readable tabular format, but that may be harder for a machine to parse. With this option, the output is a compact, colon separated line, with no dividers, headers, or footer. --state-dr dir Set the state directory to "/path/to/dir" instead of the default "/var/lib/ucf". Used mostly for testing. DESCRIPTION
This script takes a set of arguments, each of which is a package name (and thus does not contain a /) or a full path to a configuration file, and outputs the associated package, if any, if the file exists on disk, and whether it has been modified by the user. The output is either a human readable tabular form, or a compact colon-separated machine friendly format. This script can potentially be used in package "postrm" scripts during purge to query the system for configuration files that may still exist on the system, and whether these files have been locally modified by the user -- assuming that the package registered all the config- uration files with ucf using "ucfr". CAVEATS
This is very inchoate, at the moment, and needs testing. BUGS
None Known so far. AUTHOR
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This script is a part of the Ucf package, and is Copyright (c) 2006 Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and / or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA perl v5.8.8 2006-04-16 UCFQ(1)