Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Database replication process stopped in server Post 302979651 by Peasant on Wednesday 17th of August 2016 10:46:40 AM
Old 08-17-2016
Setup the profile of the user using ulimit -s to a higher value.
Possibly one suggested in your database vendor documentation.

If ulimit fails to set to <value>, you will have to adjust the maxssize kernel parameter, then use ulimit.

Be sure to read the manual pages of ulimit and maxssize parameter (this is what i like about hpux, man <kernel parameter> is goldenSmilie )

Please for future note specify your shell (shell of the user the database processes runs under) and exact hpux version.
Folks here can be more exact in helping you with that information upfront.

I have not used the variable mentioned here so i cannot comment on that, give it a shot with standard tools mentioned above.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top shows stopped process

When I run the top command, it shows 1 process as being Stopped. This is not a zombie, but simply a stopped process. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to tell which process this is, nor why it is in a stopped state? Any way of finding this out? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: IrishRogue
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find which process is stopped

One of my linux machines has a 'stopped' process which i need to find. How do i find the process that is iin 'stopped' mode. I am running red hat linux enterprise. Frank I have now answered this myself with the following command: ps -e j |grep Z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to understand stopped process in top

Hi, top process is shows like this in solaris server oracle 8i running: load averages: 5.01, 3.35, 2.82 18:24:45 344 processes: 332 sleeping, 5 running, 2 stopped, 5 on cpu CPU states: 22.2% idle, 29.6% user, 14.7% kernel, 33.5% iowait, 0.0% swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process stopped: WCHAN pipe_w

Hi. Before throwing my question, thanks to everybody for paying attention. Sorry if my english isn't good enough, but it's not my mother tongue. That's my question: I have a java program that throws an external program with "Process p = Runtime.getRuntime.exec(***)". The communication between... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlopezperez
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Killing A Stopped Process

UNIX Tutorial Five % kill %jobnumber Does that not work on a stopped process? I've tried to kill a stopped process and it is not working. Or do you need a certain type of shell for this to work? I don't see anything about this in my man pages. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
ULIMIT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 ULIMIT(3)

NAME
ulimit - get and set user limits SYNOPSIS
#include <ulimit.h> long ulimit(int cmd, long newlimit); DESCRIPTION
Warning: This routine is obsolete. Use getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), and sysconf(3) instead. For the shell command ulimit(), see bash(1). The ulimit() call will get or set some limit for the calling process. The cmd argument can have one of the following values. UL_GETFSIZE Return the limit on the size of a file, in units of 512 bytes. UL_SETFSIZE Set the limit on the size of a file. 3 (Not implemented for Linux.) Return the maximum possible address of the data segment. 4 (Implemented but no symbolic constant provided.) Return the maximum number of files that the calling process can open. RETURN VALUE
On success, ulimit() returns a nonnegative value. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM A unprivileged process tried to increase a limit. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, POSIX.1-2001. POSIX.1-2008 marks ulimit() as obsolete. SEE ALSO
bash(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), sysconf(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-08-06 ULIMIT(3)