Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Trouble with sysv floppy images created under Linux Post 302978059 by jgt on Monday 25th of July 2016 11:25:30 PM
Old 07-26-2016
I would try formatting the diskette with:
Code:
dosformat /dev/fd0135ds18
#for 3.5 floppy 1.44mb on drive A.

You can find all the possible floppy combinations in /etc/default/tar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading SCO floppy on Linux

Is there any way I can read a floppy written on SCO Unix 3 on a Redhat Linux 6.0 machine?? If so, how? Thanks in advance, Leo :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo Gessford Jr
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

3. Programming

mutexing with sysv calls

My question is: what's the best way to implement mutual exclusion for a shared memory segment. I want to ensure that while updating a shared memory segment that another process will not get read part of the segment before and the other part after the update. (I also want to ensure that the update... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
3 Replies

4. Linux

How to install linux in a system without cdrom, usb boot, floppy, other OS?

Hello to everyone, I am new to linux and I want to move to this system after bad experiences with windows. I have also a particular problem. An old laptop is probably able to handle just linux at this point of its life. The cdrom is gone, the bios doesn't have usb boot support, there is no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: highkftj
6 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble shooting linux

hello this is laya. I need some help regarding linx installation and also trouble shooting. i installed linux mandriva 2009 in my school months ago and now it says password expired and doesnt start up. So i was wondering if there could be any default password for linux versions??? and next is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laya
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble shooting linux

hello this is laya. I need some help regarding linx installation and also trouble shooting. i installed linux mandriva 2009 in my school months ago and now it says password expired and doesnt start up. So i was wondering if there could be any default password for linux versions??? and next is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laya
2 Replies

7. Solaris

SysV package creation, how to predefine DESTDIR

Hi Solaris experts How to predefine the DESTDIR in a Solaris package? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
volcheck(1)							   User Commands						       volcheck(1)

NAME
volcheck - checks for media in a drive and by default checks all floppy media SYNOPSIS
volcheck [-v] [-i secs] [-t secs] pathname DESCRIPTION
The volcheck utility tells Volume Management to look at each dev/pathname in sequence and determine if new media has been inserted in the drive. The default action is to volcheck all checkable media managed by volume management. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i secs Set the frequency of device checking to secs seconds. The default is 2 seconds. The minimum frequency is 1 second. -t secs Check the named device(s) for the next secs seconds. The maximum number of seconds allowed is 28800, which is 8 hours. The fre- quency of checking is specified by -i. There is no default total time. -v Verbose. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pathname The path name of a media device. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample of the volcheck command. The following example example% volcheck -v /dev/diskette /dev/diskette has media asks Volume Management to examine the floppy drive for new media. The following example example% volcheck -i 2 -t 600 /dev/diskette1 & asks Volume Management if there is a floppy in the floppy drive every 2 seconds for 600 seconds (10 minutes). FILES
/dev/volctl Volume Management control port ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWvolu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
eject(1), volcancel(1), volmissing(1) rmmount(1M), vold(1M), rmmount.conf(4), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) WARNINGS
Due to a hardware limitation in many floppy drives, the act of checking for media causes mechanical action in the floppy drive. Continu- ous polling of the floppy drive will cause the drive to wear out. It is recommended that polling the drive only be performed during periods of high use. SunOS 5.10 21 Feb 1997 volcheck(1)