Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Trouble with sysv floppy images created under Linux Post 302978055 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of July 2016 04:59:25 PM
Old 07-25-2016
How did you create this floppy image? Be specific.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading SCO floppy on Linux

Is there any way I can read a floppy written on SCO Unix 3 on a Redhat Linux 6.0 machine?? If so, how? Thanks in advance, Leo :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leo Gessford Jr
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

3. Programming

mutexing with sysv calls

My question is: what's the best way to implement mutual exclusion for a shared memory segment. I want to ensure that while updating a shared memory segment that another process will not get read part of the segment before and the other part after the update. (I also want to ensure that the update... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
3 Replies

4. Linux

How to install linux in a system without cdrom, usb boot, floppy, other OS?

Hello to everyone, I am new to linux and I want to move to this system after bad experiences with windows. I have also a particular problem. An old laptop is probably able to handle just linux at this point of its life. The cdrom is gone, the bios doesn't have usb boot support, there is no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: highkftj
6 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble shooting linux

hello this is laya. I need some help regarding linx installation and also trouble shooting. i installed linux mandriva 2009 in my school months ago and now it says password expired and doesnt start up. So i was wondering if there could be any default password for linux versions??? and next is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laya
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

trouble shooting linux

hello this is laya. I need some help regarding linx installation and also trouble shooting. i installed linux mandriva 2009 in my school months ago and now it says password expired and doesnt start up. So i was wondering if there could be any default password for linux versions??? and next is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laya
2 Replies

7. Solaris

SysV package creation, how to predefine DESTDIR

Hi Solaris experts How to predefine the DESTDIR in a Solaris package? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
MKBOOTDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MKBOOTDISK(8)

NAME
mkbootdisk - creates a stand-alone boot floppy for the running system SYNOPSIS
mkbootdisk [--version] [--noprompt] [--verbose] [--device devicefile] [--size size] [--kernelargs <args>] [--iso] kernel DESCRIPTION
mkbootdisk creates a boot floppy appropriate for the running system. The boot disk is entirely self-contained, and includes an initial ramdisk image which loads any necessary SCSI modules for the system. The created boot disk looks for the root filesystem on the device sug- gested by /etc/fstab. The only required argument is the kernel version to put onto the boot floppy. OPTIONS
--device devicefile The boot image is created on devicefile. If --device is not specified, /dev/fd0 is used. If devicefile does not exist mkinitrd cre- ates a 1.44Mb floppy image using devicefile as the filename. --noprompt Normally, mkbootdisk instructs the user to insert a floppy and waits for confirmation before continuing. If --noprompt is specified, no prompt is displayed. --verbose Instructs mkbootdisk to talk about what it's doing as it's doing it. Normally, there is no output from mkbootdisk. --iso Instructs mkbootdisk to make a bootable ISO image as devicefile. --version Displays the version of mkbootdisk and exits. --kernelargs args Adds args to the arguments appended on the kernel command line. If this is not specified mkbootdisk uses grubby to parse the argu- ments for the default kernel from grub.conf, if possible. --size size Uses size (in kilobytes) as the size of the image to use for the boot disk. If this is not specified, mkbootdisk will assume a standard 1.44Mb floppy device. SEE ALSO
grubby(8) dracut(8) AUTHOR
Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue Mar 31 1998 MKBOOTDISK(8)