Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ping issues
Operating Systems HP-UX Ping issues Post 302977984 by zaxxon on Monday 25th of July 2016 04:44:34 AM
Old 07-25-2016
Maybe check with the network guys so that they can check/add a route to that network.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

About Ping

Hi, When I pinged a machin, I got to be seen a different kind of reply from that machine. This is as below : "Reply from 136.128.11.116: Source quench received." Which I felt like an un-usual message. So what does this mean. Regards & Thanks in advance. Vishwa. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping

Hi there hope list can help I'm looking for a command that does the following lets say i ping a server 00.00.000.00 and this server is up and running how do i get the ping command to return a UP or a Down meaning if the command is true do this if the command is False do this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping

Hi , I have one system installed on Linux Red Hat 3.0. I have ip of system 3.156.168.*** and i want to ping some port that is on this IP which command i can do this? sam70 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam70
1 Replies

4. Linux

Not able to ping

Hi All, Need your help one more time. I am trying to ping a linux machine which is not responding to ping. However traceroute can reach the machine and I can log in to it by ssh. I have checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all it is already set as "0". It is not happening in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Erratic ping time issues

Hello, I administer a bunch of Apple XServes running OS X Server and I have one in particular that is annoying me since I brought it online. The host is a dual quad core Intel CPU. en0 is attached to a routable network and en1 is attached to a non-routable network (private switch that all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnat
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can't Ping

I have an old MP-Ras Unix system. I have setup netowkring but am unable to ping any local network pcs or the default gateway. If i use the arp -a command I receive the correct mac address for all connected pcs but I cannot ping anything except the local address. Any help would be appreciative. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is PING ?

SHAME, that's all that I'm felling right now, however I'm not finding PING or either tracert in my box (Solaris 10). 1) Yes my PATH does have /usr/bin /usr/sbin # echo $PATH /opt/csw:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/opt/csw/gcc2/bin:/opt/csw/bin 2) If I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pxb368@motorola
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
Server::Client(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Server::Client(3pm)

NAME
Net::SMTP::Server::Client - Client session handling for Net::SMTP::Server. SYNOPSIS
use Carp; use Net::SMTP::Server; use Net::SMTP::Server::Client; use Net::SMTP::Server::Relay; $server = new Net::SMTP::Server('localhost', 25) || croak("Unable to handle client connection: $! "); while($conn = $server->accept()) { # We can perform all sorts of checks here for spammers, ACLs, # and other useful stuff to check on a connection. # Handle the client's connection and spawn off a new parser. # This can/should be a fork() or a new thread, # but for simplicity... my $client = new Net::SMTP::Server::Client($conn) || croak("Unable to handle client connection: $! "); # Process the client. This command will block until # the connecting client completes the SMTP transaction. $client->process || next; # In this simple server, we're just relaying everything # to a server. If a real server were implemented, you # could save email to a file, or perform various other # actions on it here. my $relay = new Net::SMTP::Server::Relay($client->{FROM}, $client->{TO}, $client->{MSG}); } DESCRIPTION
The Net::SMTP::Server::Client module implements all the session handling required for a Net::SMTP::Server::Client connection. The above example demonstrates how to use Net::SMTP::Server::Client with Net::SMTP::Server to handle SMTP connections. $client = new Net::SMTP::Server::Client($conn) Net::SMTP::Server::Client accepts one argument that must be a handle to a connection that will be used for communication. Once you have a new client session, simply call: $client->process This processes an SMTP transaction. THIS MAY APPEAR TO HANG -- ESPECIALLY IF THERE IS A LARGE AMOUNT OF DATA BEING SENT. Once this method returns, the server will have processed an entire SMTP transaction, and is ready to continue. Once $client->process returns, various fields have been filled in. Those are: $client->{TO} -- This is an array containing the intended recipients for this message. There may be multiple recipients for any given message. $client->{FROM} -- This is the sender of the given message. $client->{MSG} -- The actual message data. :) AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT Net::SMTP::Server / SMTP::Server is Copyright(C) 1999, MacGyver (aka Habeeb J. Dihu) <macgyver@tos.net>. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may distribute this package under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
Net::SMTP::Server::Server, Net::SMTP::Server::Relay perl v5.10.1 1999-12-28 Server::Client(3pm)