Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ping issues
Operating Systems HP-UX Ping issues Post 302977984 by zaxxon on Monday 25th of July 2016 04:44:34 AM
Old 07-25-2016
Maybe check with the network guys so that they can check/add a route to that network.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

About Ping

Hi, When I pinged a machin, I got to be seen a different kind of reply from that machine. This is as below : "Reply from 136.128.11.116: Source quench received." Which I felt like an un-usual message. So what does this mean. Regards & Thanks in advance. Vishwa. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping

Hi there hope list can help I'm looking for a command that does the following lets say i ping a server 00.00.000.00 and this server is up and running how do i get the ping command to return a UP or a Down meaning if the command is true do this if the command is False do this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping

Hi , I have one system installed on Linux Red Hat 3.0. I have ip of system 3.156.168.*** and i want to ping some port that is on this IP which command i can do this? sam70 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam70
1 Replies

4. Linux

Not able to ping

Hi All, Need your help one more time. I am trying to ping a linux machine which is not responding to ping. However traceroute can reach the machine and I can log in to it by ssh. I have checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all it is already set as "0". It is not happening in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Erratic ping time issues

Hello, I administer a bunch of Apple XServes running OS X Server and I have one in particular that is annoying me since I brought it online. The host is a dual quad core Intel CPU. en0 is attached to a routable network and en1 is attached to a non-routable network (private switch that all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnat
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can't Ping

I have an old MP-Ras Unix system. I have setup netowkring but am unable to ping any local network pcs or the default gateway. If i use the arp -a command I receive the correct mac address for all connected pcs but I cannot ping anything except the local address. Any help would be appreciative. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is PING ?

SHAME, that's all that I'm felling right now, however I'm not finding PING or either tracert in my box (Solaris 10). 1) Yes my PATH does have /usr/bin /usr/sbin # echo $PATH /opt/csw:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/opt/csw/gcc2/bin:/opt/csw/bin 2) If I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pxb368@motorola
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
NETWORKS(5)						    Linux System Administration 					       NETWORKS(5)

NAME
networks - network name information DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/networks is a plain ASCII file that describes known DARPA networks and symbolic names for these networks. Each line repre- sents a network and has the following structure: name number aliases ... where the fields are delimited by spaces or tabs. Empty lines are ignored. The hash character (#) indicates the start of a comment: this character, and the remaining characters up to the end of the current line, are ignored by library functions that process the file. The field descriptions are: name The symbolic name for the network. Network names can contain any printable characters execept white-space characters or the comment character. number The official number for this network in numbers-and-dots notation (see inet(3)). The trailing ".0" (for the host component of the network address) may be omitted. aliases Optional aliases for the network. This file is read by the route(8) and netstat(8) utilities. Only Class A, B or C networks are supported, partitioned networks (i.e., net- work/26 or network/28) are not supported by this facility. FILES
/etc/networks The networks definition file. SEE ALSO
getnetbyaddr(3), getnetbyname(3), getnetent(3), netstat(8), route(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
/Linux 2008-09-04 NETWORKS(5)