Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ping issues
Operating Systems HP-UX Ping issues Post 302977979 by anaigini45 on Monday 25th of July 2016 03:41:57 AM
Old 07-25-2016
This is the output of traceroute. Looks like it does not go anywhere :

Code:
L28ts03:root # traceroute 10.67.26.89
traceroute: Warning: Multiple interfaces found; using 10.10.10.2 @ lan3
traceroute to 10.67.26.89 (10.67.26.89), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  * * *
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6  * * *
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  * * *
12  * * *
13  * * *
14  * * *
15  * * *
16  * * *
17  * * *
18  * * *
19  * * *
20  * * *
21  * * *
22  * * *
23  * * *
24  * * *
25  * * *
26  * * *
27  * * *
28  * * *
29  * * *
30  * * *
**** max ttl expired before reaching 10.67.26.89 (10.67.26.89)
L28ts03:root #

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

About Ping

Hi, When I pinged a machin, I got to be seen a different kind of reply from that machine. This is as below : "Reply from 136.128.11.116: Source quench received." Which I felt like an un-usual message. So what does this mean. Regards & Thanks in advance. Vishwa. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping

Hi there hope list can help I'm looking for a command that does the following lets say i ping a server 00.00.000.00 and this server is up and running how do i get the ping command to return a UP or a Down meaning if the command is true do this if the command is False do this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ping

Hi , I have one system installed on Linux Red Hat 3.0. I have ip of system 3.156.168.*** and i want to ping some port that is on this IP which command i can do this? sam70 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam70
1 Replies

4. Linux

Not able to ping

Hi All, Need your help one more time. I am trying to ping a linux machine which is not responding to ping. However traceroute can reach the machine and I can log in to it by ssh. I have checked /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all it is already set as "0". It is not happening in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Erratic ping time issues

Hello, I administer a bunch of Apple XServes running OS X Server and I have one in particular that is annoying me since I brought it online. The host is a dual quad core Intel CPU. en0 is attached to a routable network and en1 is attached to a non-routable network (private switch that all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnat
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Can't Ping

I have an old MP-Ras Unix system. I have setup netowkring but am unable to ping any local network pcs or the default gateway. If i use the arp -a command I receive the correct mac address for all connected pcs but I cannot ping anything except the local address. Any help would be appreciative. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is PING ?

SHAME, that's all that I'm felling right now, however I'm not finding PING or either tracert in my box (Solaris 10). 1) Yes my PATH does have /usr/bin /usr/sbin # echo $PATH /opt/csw:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/opt/csw/gcc2/bin:/opt/csw/bin 2) If I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pxb368@motorola
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping - Implementation of XMPP Ping XEP-0199 SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping; my $con = AnyEvent::XMPP::IM::Connection->new (...); $con->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of a connection if it didn't answer # within 120 seconds to a ping with a reply $ping->enable_timeout ($con, 120); my $cl = AnyEvent::XMPP::Client->new (...); $cl->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of newly created connections $ping->auto_timeout(120); $ping->ping ($con, 'ping_dest@server.tld', sub { my ($time, $error) = @_; if ($error) { # we got an error } # $time is a float (seconds) of the rtt if you got Time::HiRes }); DESCRIPTION
This extension implements XEP-0199: XMPP Ping. It allows you to define a automatic ping timeouter that will disconnect dead connections (which didn't reply to a ping after N seconds). See also the documentation of the "enable_timeout" method below. It also allows you to send pings to any XMPP entity you like and will measure the time it took if you got Time::HiRes. METHODS
new (%args) Creates a new ping handle. auto_timeout ($timeout) This method enables automatic connection timeout of new connections. It calls "enable_timeout" (see below) for every new connection that was connected and emitted a "stream_ready" event. This is useful if you want connections that have this extension automatically timeouted. In particular this is useful with modules like AnyEvent::XMPP::Client (see also SYNOPSIS above). enable_timeout ($con, $timeout) This enables a periodical ping on the connection $con. $timeout must be the seconds that the ping intervals last. If the server which is connected via $con didn't respond within $timeout seconds the connection $con will be disconnected. Please note that there already is a basic timeout mechanism for dead TCP connections in AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection, see also the "whitespace_ping_interval" configuration variable for a connection there. It then will depend on TCP timeouts to disconnect the connection. Use "enable_timeout" and "auto_timeout" only if you really feel like you need an explicit timeout for your connections. ping ($con, $dest, $cb, $timeout) This method sends a ping request to $dest via the AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection in $con. If $dest is undefined the ping will be sent to the connected server. $cb will be called when either the ping timeouts, an error occurs or the ping result was received. $timeout is an optional timeout for the ping request, if $timeout is not given the default IQ timeout for the connection is the relevant timeout. The first argument to $cb will be the seconds of the round trip time for that request (If you have Time::HiRes). If you don't have Time::HiRes installed the first argument will be undef. The second argument to $cb will be either undef if no error occured or a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::IQ error object. ignore_pings ($bool) This method is mostly for testing, it tells this extension to ignore all ping requests and will prevent any response from being sent. AUTHOR
Robin Redeker, "<elmex at ta-sa.org>", JID: "<elmex at jabber.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007, 2008 Robin Redeker, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)