Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounting Tape Drive
Operating Systems SCO Mounting Tape Drive Post 302975337 by jgt on Saturday 11th of June 2016 07:12:49 AM
Old 06-11-2016
Printer.
Run 'mkdev parallel'
You will need to know the i/o port (378/278) and the irq (7/5), which you can get from the CMOS, or the jumper settings on the parallel card.
reboot.
Run scoadmin-->printers-->4 printer management.
Add a local printer, give it a queue name, select the model either dumb, or crnlmap and select the device /dev/lp or /dev/lp0 probably.
The crnlmap driver will add a carriage return to every line feed in the printer file. Alternatively, you can change the configuration of the printer to add convert LF to CRLF.

Terminal Server.
I have never installed this particular device.
Install the hardware.
The associated software will either install using 'custom' or have its own installation routine.
The 'custom' program expects the files to be named VOL.000.000, VOL.000.001 etc.
First, start 'custom', either by entering custom at the # prompt, or starting 'scoadmin' and selecting software.
Select install new software, and select either diskette or cdrom for the media. If this works you will only need to answer whatever questions the install program asks.
If you get a message to the effect that the media is incorrect then the software has its own installation.
Very likely, you will copy the media to a temporary location, where you will run the install program (typically ./setup, or ./install.sh)

Once that is installed, you will then need to configure the ports on the terminal server: baud rate, parity, bits, and whether a terminal or printer is attached.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting a drive

Trying to mount a drive which has been dropped after corruption. What is the quickets and esiest command to run and which switches? cheers olly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble mounting tape drive with Lynx OS

I'm trying to mount tape drive so I can tar from a cd. this is what i type: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 /mnt this is what i get: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 on /mnt : Block device required I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. It's my understanding that rsd2940.4 is the block device. An... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nic_stersic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

5. AIX

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

7. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

8. AIX

Mounting Tape Drive from different partition

Dear all, I have a AIX server with logical 3 partitions and the server is connecting a tape drive. the first partition can successfully making a system backup to the tape but how can i fail to mount the tape to second and thrid partition. would anyone can help me to deal with it? what command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickhlwong
3 Replies
ULPT(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   ULPT(4)

NAME
ulpt -- USB printer support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ulpt Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ulpt_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers that follow the printer bi- or uni-directional protocol. The bits in the minor number select various features of the driver. Minor Bit Function 64 Do not initialize (reset) the device on the port. Some printers cannot handle the reset on open; in case of problems try the unlpt device. HARDWARE
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers and parallel printer conversion cables, including the following: o ATen parallel printer adapter o Belkin F5U002 parallel printer adapter o Canon BJ F850, S600 o Canon LBP-1310, 350 o Entrega USB-to-parallel printer adapter o Hewlett-Packard HP Deskjet 3420 (P/N: C8947A #ABJ) o Oki Data MICROLINE ML660PS o Seiko Epson PM-900C, 880C, 820C, 730C FILES
/dev/ulpt? device with reset /dev/unlpt? device without reset SEE ALSO
lpt(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ulpt driver appeared in NetBSD 1.4. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD