Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounting Tape Drive
Operating Systems SCO Mounting Tape Drive Post 302975316 by shunail on Saturday 11th of June 2016 12:56:06 AM
Old 06-11-2016
If this is working "jgt", I owe you for sure
More help and sorry for being a pest. 2 more things I need on this unit.
1 - I want to install a Parallel printer OKi Microline 521 (9 pin) to this machine. How do I add the printer? Their website has no Unix driver when I looked up!!

2 - I want to add terminal server to it so 2 workstation can login to it. They have EQUINOX ELS-II 16 PORT TERMINAL SERVER and also Equinox PM16-RJ Port Module. So whichever work. Have the PCI card to install with BNC and Terminal Server serial connection.

I'm again sorry for the troubles and picking your brains for it...

And Thanks. Let me know how can I repay you

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting a drive

Trying to mount a drive which has been dropped after corruption. What is the quickets and esiest command to run and which switches? cheers olly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
1 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting an external scsi tape drive

hi- I just installed a quad gigaswift ethernet scsi card to my sunblade 150. I checked with the docs, and got all of the required drivers on the box. Now, I'm trying to mount an external scsi tape drive with no luck. I set the scsi address on the external drive to 0. Here's what I'm coming... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble mounting tape drive with Lynx OS

I'm trying to mount tape drive so I can tar from a cd. this is what i type: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 /mnt this is what i get: mount /dev/rsd2940.4 on /mnt : Block device required I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. It's my understanding that rsd2940.4 is the block device. An... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nic_stersic
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
0 Replies

5. AIX

Mounting remote tape drive

Hi, Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is possible to mount (and use) a remote tape drive on a AIX server, and if so, what are the precise configuration steps needed? The tape drive to be mounted as a remote tape drive is present on another AIX server in the same network. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

7. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

8. AIX

Mounting Tape Drive from different partition

Dear all, I have a AIX server with logical 3 partitions and the server is connecting a tape drive. the first partition can successfully making a system backup to the tape but how can i fail to mount the tape to second and thrid partition. would anyone can help me to deal with it? what command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickhlwong
3 Replies
printmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      printmgr(1M)

NAME
printmgr - Solaris Print Manager is a graphical user interface for managing printers in a network SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/printmgr DESCRIPTION
Solaris Print Manager is a Java-based graphical user interface that enables you to manage local and remote printer access. This tool can be used in the following name service environments: LDAP, NIS, NIS+, and files. You must be logged in as superuser to use this tool. Using Solaris Printer Manager is the preferred method for managing printer access because Solaris Print Manager centralizes printer infor- mation when it is used in a name service environment. Adding printer information to a name service makes access to printers available to all systems on the network and generally makes printer administration easier because all the information about printers is centralized. Solaris Print Manager may be run on a remote system with the display sent to the local system. See the System Administration Guide: Solaris Printing for instructions on setting the DISPLAY environment variable. Using Solaris Print Manager to perform printer-related tasks automatically updates the appropriate printer databases. Solaris Print Manager also includes a command-line console that displays the lp command line for the add, modify, and delete printer operations. Errors and warn- ings may also be displayed when Printer Manager operations are performed. Help is available by clicking the Help button. USAGE
Solaris Print Manager enables you to do the following tasks: Select a Name Service Select a name service for retrieving or changing printer information. Add Access to a Printer Add printer access on a printer client using Solaris Print Manager. Add an Attached Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Add a Network Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Modify Printer Properties After adding access to a printer or adding an attached or network printer, you can modify certain printer attributes. Delete a Printer Delete access to a printer from the print client or delete a printer from the print server or from the name service environment. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWppm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(1), lpget(1M), lpset(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Solaris Printing for information on LDAP server replication. Although users can use the LDAP command line utilities ldapadd(1) and ldapmodify(1)to update printer entries in the directory, the pre- ferred method is to use lpset. Otherwise, if the lpadd and lpmodify utilities are used, the administrator must ensure that the printer-name attribute value is unique within the ou=printers container on the LDAP server. If the value is not unique, the result of modifications done using lpset or the Solaris Print Manager, printmgr may be unpredictable. SunOS 5.11 23 May 2003 printmgr(1M)