Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Old COBOL app move to new server Post 302974655 by imort on Thursday 2nd of June 2016 03:05:02 AM
Old 06-02-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobble
We have an old ProLiant ML370 server (10-15 years old) running SCO (version yet to be confirmed), with a single bespoke Cobol app. The server is failing and I need to get the app up and running on new hardware or cloud.
I can suggest you to take a VMWare Converter or any other similar tool and take a backup from your server as a first thing to do.

You can deploy it then, and try to recreate your Cobol app environment then without any rush.

If you try to do that without original server or it's virtual copy then you didn't have any right to mistake

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference weblogic server/webserver/app server

Hi All, I am getting confused with the terms below. All I know is an application can be installed on a server. But I see the following terms used in a company. All of them are installed on same Unix box. Could you please help me out in layman terms as to what these exactly means. (PS: I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun java app server

quick question: where can I download sun java application server that will run in java6? or both? I need to install sun java app server and java6. thanks ---------- Post updated at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:12 AM ---------- OS: solaris10 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to Monitor Tomcat App Server?

Tomcat stops logging intermittently for brief intervals of time like for 5 or 6 secs I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process gets stuck, hung or even shutdown or remains healthy at the time i see the problem of no logging. Can you please let me know how can i monitor Tomcat Application... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
TNTNET-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						  TNTNET-CONFIG(1)

NAME
tntnet-config - output compiler flags for tntnet usage SYNOPSIS
tntnet-config [--libs] [--cxxflags] [--config[=app]] [--makefile[=app]] [--project=app] [--autoproject=app] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tntnet-config command. OPTIONS
This program's options start with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --libs Output linker flags. --cxxflags Output C++ preprocessor and compiler flags. --config[=app] Print default configuration file. --makefile[=app] Print a simple makefile for an ecpp project. --project=app Create a simple ecpp project directory. --autoproject=app Create a autotools based ecpp project. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. AUTHOR
tntnet was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. This manual page was written by Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tntnet(8), ecppc(1), ecppl(1), ecppll(1). More documentation can be found in /usr/share/doc/tntnet-doc/. July 3, 2006 TNTNET-CONFIG(1)