Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Range Assigning
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions IP Range Assigning Post 302974537 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 31st of May 2016 12:57:17 PM
Old 05-31-2016
In 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.0.3, you have the last two digits of 192.168.0.3 reversed, likewise for the range that you mention after that, maybe that will make you see the logic..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Value of variable

Hi In my shell script, I'm trying to find the line count of a file and assign it to a variable. LINE_COUNT=$(wc -l $FILE_NAME) But when i display LINE_COUNT, i'm getting the linecount concatenated with the file name. I want only the number. How can i get the line count alone ? Someone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janemary.a
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Assigning IP's

hi all, i want to know where i can add and IP address so when i do a "w", i can see what IP is assigned to which tty? i know in tru64 you just added an entry to /etc/hosts. this does not seem to be the case with hpux. thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: macgre_r
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning a variable

hi all, in ksh, how do i assign the output of a find command to a variable, e.g am trying something like this : totalNoFiles=$(print find ./ -name "SystemOut*.log"); but when i echo $totalNoFiles it displays find ./ -name "SystemOut*.log" instead of the total number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value to a variable

can we make a global variable and store character values and add other values to that variable ?? for example a="hello, John" and can we add value ". How are you? so a can have "hello, John. How are you?" can someone help me?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

7. AIX

assigning ip to second nic

Hi admins i want to assign new ip adress to my aix 5.3 machine which is in LPAR ent3 Available Virtual I/O Ethernet Adapter (l-lan) ent0 Available 05-08 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-X Adapter (14108902) ent1 Available 05-09 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-X Adapter (14108902) ent2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value to a variable

Unable to get the value to a variable. set -x cd $HOME echo "Enter the server name" read a echo $a i=4 j=1 k = ps -ef | awk '/server1/{ print $4 }' | tail -$i | head -$j` echo $k When I do the same in command line it works, however the same does not work when I provide that in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

IP Range Assigning

Hi All, I'm a bit confused about assigning IP address from IP Ranges. I am using this scenario below to understand. Scenario Adatum.com an international IT solutions company, is launching 12 new branches in a new country where they currently have no existing branches. The sWin CIO has asked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TryllZ
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping a timestamp range and assigning it to a constant

Hi, I couldn't find any thing on google about it and have been trying to figure this out but am not getting anywhere. I want to know if its possible through a script. I have a file with columns start time and end time separated by a comma, basically there are some other columns which I need to... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
30 Replies
load_sample(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      load_sample(3alleg4)

NAME
load_sample - Loads a sample from a file. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> SAMPLE *load_sample(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a sample from a file, supporting both mono and stereo WAV and mono VOC files, in 8 or 16-bit formats, as well as formats handled by functions registered using register_sample_file_type(). Example: SAMPLE *sample = load_sample(user_input); if (!sample) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sample!"); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the SAMPLE or NULL on error. Remember to free this sample later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
destroy_sample(3alleg4), load_voc(3alleg4), load_wav(3alleg4), play_sample(3alleg4), save_sample(3alleg4), register_sam- ple_file_type(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_sample(3alleg4)