Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Puppet, Instillation
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Puppet, Instillation Post 302972475 by zbest1966 on Thursday 5th of May 2016 08:53:03 PM
Old 05-05-2016
Puppet, Instillation

Can not complete the installation of a puppet server on a Linux box.
Code:
bash: passenger-install-apache2-module: command not found

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules whenever you display sample input, sample output, and code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-05-2016 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

cfengine / puppet for rhel servers

Hello all, I am planning to deploy a configuration / auditing software package for about 100 new nodes that we are planning to install. I am hearing many good things in regards to cfengine and puppet. Can someone shed some light in regards to these solutions? Thanks, jaysunn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installling puppet

Hi, I am trying to instal the puppet. I get this error. Please help.. yum install puppet-server Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * base: mirrors.greenmountainaccess.net * extras: mirror.lug.udel.edu * updates:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help installing Puppet and Ruby..

Hi, I am working on RHEL 5.6 server, this is in private DMZ. No access to internet. I have downloaded the files I need to install the Puppet & Ruby. My goal is to install Puppet. I have downloaded.... mcollective-2.2.3-1.el5.noarch- SERVER.rpm ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cfengine or puppet?

I'm looking to deploy a configuration management system at my company and was wondering which config management was better: cfengine or Puppet? Pros/Cons? I'm looking to deploy the free version of each. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theace18
6 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Puppet dashboard

Hello all, can you please let me know if the free version of puppet provides dashboard? Or how do you get info about failed installation or other staff for the puppet agents? Sorry for not googling first :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Update puppet class from Client

Hi all, This is more a satellite 6 question Is it possible to add / assign a puppet client to a class on the master from the client ? This is for automation and I can't get it to work. On an existing client used as a web server I found the following content in cat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Puppet : How to start.

Hello Team, Do You have any data/books/links related to Puppet? How to start, how to setup first env and execute "puppet" actions? Thanks in advance! Patryk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsmcny
3 Replies
PUPPET-MAN(8)							   Puppet manual						     PUPPET-MAN(8)

NAME
puppet-man - Display Puppet manual pages. SYNOPSIS
puppet man action DESCRIPTION
This subcommand displays manual pages for all Puppet subcommands. If the ronn gem (https://github.com/rtomayko/ronn/) is installed on your system, puppet man will display fully-formated man pages. If ronn is not available, puppet man will display the raw (but human-readable) source text in a pager. OPTIONS
Note that any configuration parameter that's valid in the configuration file is also a valid long argument, although it may or may not be relevant to the present action. For example, server is a valid configuration parameter, so you can specify --server <servername> as an argument. See the configuration file documentation at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/configuration.html for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration options can also be generated by running puppet with --genconfig. --mode MODE The run mode to use for the current action. Valid modes are user, agent, and master. --render-as FORMAT The format in which to render output. The most common formats are json, s (string), yaml, and console, but other options such as dot are sometimes available. --verbose Whether to log verbosely. --debug Whether to log debug information. ACTIONS
man - Display the manual page for a Puppet subcommand. SYNOPSIS puppet man subcommand DESCRIPTION Display the manual page for a Puppet subcommand. RETURNS The man data, in Markdown format, suitable for consumption by Ronn. RENDERING ISSUES: To skip fancy formatting and output the raw Markdown text (e.g. for use in a pipeline), call this action with '--render-as s'. EXAMPLES
man View the manual page for a subcommand: $ puppet man facts NOTES
The pager used for display will be the first found of $MANPAGER, $PAGER, less, most, or more. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2011 by Puppet Labs Apache 2 license; see COPYING Puppet Labs, LLC June 2012 PUPPET-MAN(8)