Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Disable minecraft by disabling java Post 302971941 by cmp260 on Wednesday 27th of April 2016 10:05:58 AM
Old 04-27-2016
I did try to get them interested in learnin programming java so they can build mods, but they cant be bothered, thy just want to play. I#'m sure I would too if I was their age; it looks great fun. I really wouldn't mind if it wasn't affecting their schoolwork.

Surely someone on here must know how to banjax java by renaming a specific file or two? I think once I know which files to hit, I'll be able to figure the rest out.

Its crude but Im thinking of trying a batch file to rename all exe extensions in the java bin directories.

Last edited by cmp260; 04-27-2016 at 11:14 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabling Telnet

How do you keep users from logging on while you do file maintenance? Is there a way to temporarily disable telnet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disabling telnet

how do i disable the telnet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabling logrotate

Is there a way to disable log rotation? (just for wtmp) I'm looking in /etc/logrotate.conf and I checked the man page but didn't see any option to disable. Is it as simple as commenting out monthly and rotate lines? /var/log/wtmp { missingok # monthly create 0664 root utmp # ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

disabling watchdog

hi, is it possible to disable the "hardware watchdog" on a V240 sol 10 server? and how to? this server freeze 9/10 during boot on this command...:mad: thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script that reads and writes java console Minecraft

Hi I am looking for an easy way to lock game mode (0) for everyone included op on a Minecraft server. It can be a script that every time a player changes game to 1 the script changes back to 0. What the player writes is visible in the java console. I am not good at script programming and my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMorris
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with killing / running ( minecraft )

alright, i have been trying to kill a process for some time now and im having a hard time to close it. im not sure if anyone on here is familiar with Minecraft, but im running a server from LimestoneNetworks, i had one of my friends set it up since im not as good as he is with linux, he tryed... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tWkiLler96
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

two questions about incorporating fortune and java uptime into screen for a minecraft server

existing code #!/bin/bash SRC_DIR=/home/brian/mc/ DEST_DIR=/home/brian/mcbak/ SCREEN_SESSION=minecraft BACKUP_LOG=/home/brian/mcbaklog CHKBAK=$(rdiff-backup -v3 --verify ~/mcbak) BAKSZ=$(du -sh ~/mcbak|awk 'FNR == 1 {print $1}') WLDSZ=$(du -sh ~/mc/world/|awk 'FNR == 1 {print $1}')... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

10. Hardware

How to *completely* disable laptop touchpad, without disabling trackpoint?

I run Devuan ASCII on my T400 laptop. I only use the trackpoint ("nipple mouse"). To me, the touchpad is just a nuisance. I've discovered (by monitoring output of sudo cat /dev/input/event5) that the touchpad generates random input while the lid is closed. This causes applications that should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
5 Replies
GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)

NAME
git-check-attr - Display gitattributes information SYNOPSIS
git check-attr [-a | --all | attr...] [--] pathname... git check-attr --stdin [-z] [-a | --all | attr...] < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For every pathname, this command will list if each attribute is unspecified, set, or unset as a gitattribute on that pathname. OPTIONS
-a, --all List all attributes that are associated with the specified paths. If this option is used, then unspecified attributes will not be included in the output. --cached Consider .gitattributes in the index only, ignoring the working tree. --stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z Only meaningful with --stdin; paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -- Interpret all preceding arguments as attributes and all following arguments as path names. If none of --stdin, --all, or -- is used, the first argument will be treated as an attribute and the rest of the arguments as pathnames. OUTPUT
The output is of the form: <path> COLON SP <attribute> COLON SP <info> LF <path> is the path of a file being queried, <attribute> is an attribute being queried and <info> can be either: unspecified when the attribute is not defined for the path. unset when the attribute is defined as false. set when the attribute is defined as true. <value> when a value has been assigned to the attribute. EXAMPLES
In the examples, the following .gitattributes file is used: *.java diff=java -crlf myAttr NoMyAttr.java !myAttr README caveat=unspecified o Listing a single attribute: $ git check-attr diff org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java o Listing multiple attributes for a file: $ git check-attr crlf diff myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: crlf: unset org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing all attributes for a file: $ git check-attr --all -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/MyClass.java: diff: java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set o Listing an attribute for multiple files: $ git check-attr myAttr -- org/example/MyClass.java org/example/NoMyAttr.java org/example/MyClass.java: myAttr: set org/example/NoMyAttr.java: myAttr: unspecified o Not all values are equally unambiguous: $ git check-attr caveat README README: caveat: unspecified SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5). GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-CHECK-ATTR(1)