Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Disable minecraft by disabling java Post 302971939 by Projecteer on Wednesday 27th of April 2016 09:53:44 AM
Old 04-27-2016
Gaming is quite addictive and I remember from growing up my parents wanting to restrict my computer use only made me more determined to play my favorite game when they were not looking.

My suggestion is maybe not one you're looking for but perhaps a better option, minecraft is obviously their current passion, try to get them actually interested in what actually goes in to minecraft and how a game is built, inspire them to see past the game and educate themselves on how to make something like that. Its a lot more productive use of time, learning design, maths, hardware, programming, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabling Telnet

How do you keep users from logging on while you do file maintenance? Is there a way to temporarily disable telnet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disabling telnet

how do i disable the telnet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabling logrotate

Is there a way to disable log rotation? (just for wtmp) I'm looking in /etc/logrotate.conf and I checked the man page but didn't see any option to disable. Is it as simple as commenting out monthly and rotate lines? /var/log/wtmp { missingok # monthly create 0664 root utmp # ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

4. Solaris

disabling watchdog

hi, is it possible to disable the "hardware watchdog" on a V240 sol 10 server? and how to? this server freeze 9/10 during boot on this command...:mad: thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script that reads and writes java console Minecraft

Hi I am looking for an easy way to lock game mode (0) for everyone included op on a Minecraft server. It can be a script that every time a player changes game to 1 the script changes back to 0. What the player writes is visible in the java console. I am not good at script programming and my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MyMorris
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with killing / running ( minecraft )

alright, i have been trying to kill a process for some time now and im having a hard time to close it. im not sure if anyone on here is familiar with Minecraft, but im running a server from LimestoneNetworks, i had one of my friends set it up since im not as good as he is with linux, he tryed... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tWkiLler96
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

two questions about incorporating fortune and java uptime into screen for a minecraft server

existing code #!/bin/bash SRC_DIR=/home/brian/mc/ DEST_DIR=/home/brian/mcbak/ SCREEN_SESSION=minecraft BACKUP_LOG=/home/brian/mcbaklog CHKBAK=$(rdiff-backup -v3 --verify ~/mcbak) BAKSZ=$(du -sh ~/mcbak|awk 'FNR == 1 {print $1}') WLDSZ=$(du -sh ~/mc/world/|awk 'FNR == 1 {print $1}')... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

10. Hardware

How to *completely* disable laptop touchpad, without disabling trackpoint?

I run Devuan ASCII on my T400 laptop. I only use the trackpoint ("nipple mouse"). To me, the touchpad is just a nuisance. I've discovered (by monitoring output of sudo cat /dev/input/event5) that the touchpad generates random input while the lid is closed. This causes applications that should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevuanFan
5 Replies
libggzcore(3)							C Library Functions						     libggzcore(3)

NAME
libggzcore - The GGZ Gaming Zone core client library DESCRIPTION
This library is used by client programs to connect to the GGZ Gaming Zone server, handle game rooms, control user participation in the games, control chat and player properties. The ggzcore library handles the connection of a client application to the GGZ Gaming Zone server. It starts with offering a global configu- ration object for storing connection profiles for each server. The server list can be maintained by hand or updated via the GGZ metaserver. After this it goes on to callback registration for the connection, negotiation and authentication methods, which might include guest logins, first time player or registered player on the GGZ server. After a login it handles the global server object, the current room object and, when playing a game, the active game object. Additional objects include the table the game is associated with, players, game types and game modules which represent client-side game executables. Alternatively, a game can integrate ggzcore directly instead of being launched by a ggzcore-using GGZ core client, which is known as embed- ded ggzcore. Other tasks handled by the library are querying the local game registry with all properties per game; retrieving the server message of the day (MOTD) or player statistics; handling public, private and per-table chat as well as administrative messages; and managing the game launch and join events for players and spectators. FILES
The following files are used by this library: /usr/lib/libggzcore.so The GGZ Gaming Zone core client shared library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-games | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ggz_h(3), ggzcore_h(3), ggzmod_h(3), libggz(3), libggzmod(3), attributes(5), ggz.modules(5), gnome-interfaces(5), ggz(6), ggz-config(6), ggz(7) GGZ Gaming Zone: http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/ http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/docs/api/libggz/ http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/docs/api/ggzcore/ http://www.ggzgamingzone.org/docs/api/ggzmod/ NOTES
Written by Michal Pryc, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 29 May 2008 libggzcore(3)