Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing updates
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Installing updates Post 302971294 by denka on Monday 18th of April 2016 05:18:06 PM
Old 04-18-2016
Try "dnf update".

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

unix updates- Where can I find unix updates online for IBM servers?

I have a Unix based server running Sagitta and the server is giving me an error of 4b10004 and my research tells me this is an EPROM issue, which means the processor needs to be flashed or repaired. Once up and running where can I go to get updates for Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crainer
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Installing Updates on RHEL 3 & 4

Is there another way to install updates on RHEL besides using the up2date utility? I have some systems that are not accessible to the internet. So, when I look for the updates that are supposed to be for my system, i dont even know where to go to download them? it just keeps bringing me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

updates only

Hi, I have a file called Data-today.Txt that is updated every 5 minutes. # cat '/root/Desktop/window/'`date +%b%Y`'/Data-'`date +%d%m%y`'.Txt' > /root/temp.txt I want to read it every hour and findout the changes and process only those lines added since the last check. I tried diff but did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat Updates

All, I'm updating my redhat servers by directly connecting to internet (redhat network). After I connecting to the internet, I see some packages in package updater.I'm trying to do update but its stucking up when it is starting updating the server. Any ideas. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CentOS updates

hello all I Installed CenTOS 5.5 and i've Run yum update command every thing went smoothly but i got the following error at the end 6:kdebase-3.5.4-21.el5.centos.1.i386: Insufficient space in download directory /var/cache/yum/updates/packages * free 6.0 M * needed 28 M ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_shiahb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron updates

This cmd will update the user's crontab with the quoted line. But how to script the update using a previously stored variable? crontab -l | awk '{print} END {print "* * * * * echo test >> /tmp/testing"}' | crontab crontab -l | awk '{print} END {print "$storedvariable"}' | crontab Does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtsonoma
3 Replies
yum-filter-data(1)														yum-filter-data(1)

NAME
yum filter data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum with some options, currently just for "update" and "list update" type commands, to allow filters to be placed on which packages should be used based on the data in those packages. Note that due to some of the data being unknown, and thus could possibly match, all unknown data is treated as a match. GENERAL OPTIONS
These are the options added to yum that are available in the "list updates", "info updates", "check-update" and "update" commands. They are: --filter-vendors This option includes packages which have a vendor which matches one of the passed vendor wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that vendors can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple vendors as one option argument. --filter-rpm-groups This option includes packages which have a group which matches one of the passed rpm group wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that rpm groups can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple rpm groups as one option argument. --filter-packagers This option includes packages which have a packager which matches one of the passed packager wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that vendors can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple packagers as one option argument. --filter-licenses This option includes packages which have a license which matches one of the passed license wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that licenses can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple licenses as one option argument. --filter-arches This option includes packages which have a arch which matches one of the passed arch wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-committers This option includes packages which have a committer which matches one of the passed committer wildcard strings, or is unknown. Note that committers can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple committers as one option argument. Also, committer values are so loosely formed that they could contain commas too, it is recommended to not do that but you can work around it by using "?". --filter-buildhosts This option includes packages which have a buildhost which matches one of the passed buildhost wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-urls This option includes packages which have a url which matches one of the passed url wildcard strings, or is unknown. --filter-package-sizes This option includes packages which have a packagesize which is within one of the passed packagesize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-archive-sizes This option includes packages which have a archivesize which is within one of the passed archivesize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-installed-sizes This option includes packages which have a installedsize which is within one of the passed installedsize ranges, or is unknown. --filter-groups This option includes packages which are in a yum group which matches one of the passed yum group id strings, or is unknown. Note that yum groups can have spaces in their value, so "," is the only way to specify multiple yum groups as one option argument. EXAMPLES
To list all updates that are 1 MB or less use: yum --filter-package-sizes=-1m check-update To apply updates that Dan Walsh has committed use: yum --filter-committers='Dan Walsh *' update To list updates for a specific group use: yum --filter-rpm-groups='App*/Sys*' list updates To apply updates to a specific set of groups use: yum --filter-rpm-groups='App*/System,Devel*/Lib*,System Environment/Base' update To list updates for a set of yum groups use: yum --filter-groups='PostgreSQL Database,Web Server' list updates To apply updates to a specific set of yum groups use: yum --filter-groups='KDE,Core,Printing Support' update SEE ALSO
yum-list-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. BUGS
Currently yum can't filter packages in all of the commands, so for instance "yum list 'yum*'" doesn't get the results filtered. Apart from that there are no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.red- hat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-filter-data(1)