Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/profile error
Operating Systems HP-UX /etc/profile error Post 302969611 by Don Cragun on Thursday 24th of March 2016 01:53:31 PM
Old 03-24-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
The header states it is HP-UX 11.31. In HP-UX 11.x the Bourne /bin/sh has been replaced by a Posix shell.
And this /bin/sh does know the [[ ]]. Also the ksh-88 knows it.
(While an old Bourne shell does not even know the $( ).)
Thanks for pointing this out. I believe that the POSIX compliant /bin/sh on HP/UX is a version of the 1988 Korn shell. ksh88 does include [[ expression ]] but more expression primitives are available in ksh93 than were available in ksh88. The expression used in this case is valid in both ksh88 and ksh93. (But the if does still need a closing fi.)
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Error updating profile

I'm trying to update my profile with a temp e-mail address. This is a hotmail e-mail address and it wont allow it. The reason for this is I've changed my service with my ISP since I've moved :D and well I've gone form Cable to DSL :mad: Now my e-mail accounts are still there but I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
4 Replies

3. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

.profile file error on HPUX 11.11

Hi, I am working on HPUX 11.11i and 11.10 boxes. My default shell is ksh. I have the following entry in my profile file HOSTNAME=`uname -n` Every time I login to the server, this is the error I get: ${HOME:-.}/.profile: syntax error: `)' unexpected The line number shown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yomaanmean
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dot profile not found error

During batch processing the following error occurs and will stop the process, ~environment_name/.profile : not found. The error happens randomly. Any ideas? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlhinpgh
6 Replies
COLORMGR(1)															       COLORMGR(1)

NAME
colormgr - Color Manager Testing Tool SYNOPSIS
colormgr [ --verbose ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the colormgr command. colormgr allows an administrator to view and change color profile to device mappings. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. COMMANDS
This program takes commands with a variable number of arguments. create-device Creates a color managed device create-profile Create a color profile delete-device Deletes a color managed device delete-profile Deletes a color profile device-add-profile Add a profile to a device that already exists device-get-default-profile Gets the default color profile for a device device-get-profile-for-qualifier Returns all the profiles that match a given qualifier device-make-profile-default Makes a profile default for a specific device device-set-kind Sets the device kind device-set-model Sets the device model device-set-serial Sets the device serial device-set-vendor Sets the device vendor find-device Find a device from the device ID find-device-by-property Find a device with a given property value find-profile Find a profile from the profile ID find-profile-by-filename Find a profile from the filename get-devices Gets all the color managed devices get-devices-by-kind Gets all the color managed devices of a specific kind get-profiles Gets all the available color profiles profile-set-filename Sets the profile filename profile-set-qualifier Sets the profile qualifier AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes <richard@hughsie.com>. 20 December,2008 COLORMGR(1)