Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX installation and setup bootdisk Post 302969439 by lilyn on Tuesday 22nd of March 2016 06:22:52 PM
Old 03-22-2016
HP-UX installation and setup bootdisk

Hi everyone,

I am very new to HP-UX

zx600 workstaton had a bad boot disk and need to replace it.
After done installing HP-UX 11.31 (with LVM), how do I make it boot to the bootdisk? it stops at EFI shell.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lily.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootdisk for Sun Solaris?

where is the bootdisk for Sun Solaris 8 located? Is it on the install CD because i dont see a bootdisk image file or RAWRITE anywhere. I am really new to pure Unix (I've used Linux for a little while) and need help badly. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a bootdisk for Xandros

create a bootdisk for Xandros Hi, The bootdisk that comes with xandros linux is not useable for me. I need aha152x support, otherwise i can't access my cdrom at installation time. Can anybody help me buid a custom xandros bootdisk with aha152x support. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

3. Linux

create rootvg bootdisk

Hello, does anyone know how I can create a boot dvd with my fedora installation .... ie I am attempting to build a system identical to another production server so want to copy all files to cd and build the new system from that cd ,,, any ideas? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
2 Replies

4. SCO

Searching for Unix bootdisk

Hello. I need to reinstall my Unix Open Server Release: 5 on my Compaq proliant 800, but, my floppy bootdisk Release:5.0.4 is bad. Where can I download that version. That release of Unix is no longer supported by SCO. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junior Rod
4 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

installation question / vnc setup

hi, i am a new fedora9 user. i always confused about the usage of rpm and hope someone may clarify along with the VNC setup. let me use vnc installation as an example. I downloaded vnc rpm package from the official web site and it was automatically saved to /home/henry .. ok then i cd to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

DNS resolvers setup/installation ?

Hi all ! A basic but a tricky question though http://e1h7.simplecdn.net/lqcdn/images/questions/images/smilies/smile.gif] Ok, here it goes, we all use DNS resolvers on our servers, local machine, etc. They are necessary for resolving the domain names, etc. OpenDNS is one of the free DNS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: virusnet
2 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)