Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SQL - how to alter info of a cell in table Post 302966960 by baris35 on Thursday 18th of February 2016 09:09:30 AM
Old 02-18-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cero
The mysql-documentation tells you in detail how to formulate the statment. For you example, if you'd like to change Lacatus age to 58 it would look like this:
Code:
update phonebook set age = 58 where id = 4;

Voila! It's done! Thanks for your reply Cero.
I will also check that mysql documentation for other functions.

b.regards
Boris

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Table Shell Script

I want to add some columns to a existing tables through a shell script. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
2 Replies

2. SuSE

my SQL Info command

Is there a command that will output all mysql details. eg. host name, port etc? Cheers Paul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get full sql table data using shell script

i have a Oracle table like col1 col2 ---- ----- a 1 b 2 c 3 when i write a script for it , it gives me all the data in one column. Please give me the solution which gives the exact result like we see in sql editors. for a in `echo " set feedback off; set pagesize 40;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss135r
1 Replies

4. Programming

SQL: Alter existing bool after printing

I'm writing a DB to manage books & dvd's for the library. So after they added more books/dvd's, they press the print button and all newly added entries are printed. That is, as it prints all 'printed = false' entries, which (false) is the default value for that field for each new entry. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

5. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Putting query result dynamically to one cell of table from shell

I have to send a data in mail table format.only one cell need to get dynamically from query. my code is like (echo '<table boarder="1"> echo '<tr><td>stock</td><td>/path</td><td>.........</td></tr>' echo '</table> )sendmail.. in ......... I am trying to get query result.By putting query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meera_123
2 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql - A mysql specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of MySQL. METHODS
Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. If the insert succeeds, returns the id of the insert, otherwise, returns a Class::ReturnValue object with the error reported. SimpleUpdateFromSelect Customization of "SimpleUpdateFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Mysql doesn't support update with subqueries when those fetch data from the table that is updated. DatabaseVersion Returns the mysql version, trimming off any -foo identifier CaseSensitive Returns undef, since mysql's searches are not case sensitive by default SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT Name FROM mysql.time_zone_name; Read docs about keeping timezone data up to date: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/time-zone-upgrades.html AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
DBIx::SearchBuilder, DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm)