Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications SQL - how to alter info of a cell in table Post 302966959 by cero on Thursday 18th of February 2016 09:05:58 AM
Old 02-18-2016
The mysql-documentation tells you in detail how to formulate the statment. For you example, if you'd like to change Lacatus age to 58 it would look like this:
Code:
update phonebook set age = 58 where id = 4;

This User Gave Thanks to cero For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Table Shell Script

I want to add some columns to a existing tables through a shell script. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
2 Replies

2. SuSE

my SQL Info command

Is there a command that will output all mysql details. eg. host name, port etc? Cheers Paul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get full sql table data using shell script

i have a Oracle table like col1 col2 ---- ----- a 1 b 2 c 3 when i write a script for it , it gives me all the data in one column. Please give me the solution which gives the exact result like we see in sql editors. for a in `echo " set feedback off; set pagesize 40;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss135r
1 Replies

4. Programming

SQL: Alter existing bool after printing

I'm writing a DB to manage books & dvd's for the library. So after they added more books/dvd's, they press the print button and all newly added entries are printed. That is, as it prints all 'printed = false' entries, which (false) is the default value for that field for each new entry. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

5. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Putting query result dynamically to one cell of table from shell

I have to send a data in mail table format.only one cell need to get dynamically from query. my code is like (echo '<table boarder="1"> echo '<tr><td>stock</td><td>/path</td><td>.........</td></tr>' echo '</table> )sendmail.. in ......... I am trying to get query result.By putting query... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meera_123
2 Replies
DBS_DUMPTABDATA(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       DBS_DUMPTABDATA(1p)

NAME
dbs_dumptabdata - Creates file set with SQL table data DESCRIPTION
dbs_dumptabdata is an utility to create a file set with SQL table data. For each table in the database dbs_dumptabdata calls the appropri- ate dumper utility with the output directed to a file named table.sql in the current directory. dbs_dumptabdata asks for a password if nec- essary. COMMAND LINE PARAMETERS
Required command line parameters are the DBI driver ("Pg" for Postgres or "mysql" for MySQL) and the database name. The third parameter is optionally and specifies the database user and/or the host where the database resides ("racke", "racke@linuxia.de" or "@linuxia.de"). COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-t TABLE[,TABLE,...], --tables=TABLE[,TABLE,...] Comma-separated list of tables to dump. --exclude-matching-tables=REGEXP Excludes any table matching the regular expression REGEXP from dumping. --use-printtab Uses generic dump (similar to "dbs_printtab") instead of the dumper utility provided by the DBMS. BUGS
msql is not supported. AUTHOR
Stefan Hornburg (Racke), racke@linuxia.de SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::Easy(3) perl v5.8.8 2007-02-01 DBS_DUMPTABDATA(1p)