Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware SAS or SSD for Ubuntu 14.04 and data analysis Post 302966476 by cmccabe on Friday 12th of February 2016 09:37:44 AM
Old 02-12-2016
I access files sequentially. Thank you Smilie.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

help needed- data analysis-table-chart-2d plot software

Hi all, I posted the same message under 'Kaleidagraph like software for Ubuntu' thread. I guess there may not be many people familiar with Kaleidagraph. So I post my message under another subject name. I need a tool for Ubuntu 8.10, -which is quick and easy to learn and use (as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apprentice
1 Replies

2. BSD

Using SSD in FreeBSD

Now that SSD drives are becoming mainstream, I had a few questions on installing a SSD drive in a FreeBSD environment. Can FreeBSD be made SSD aware, that is, somehow let FreeBSD know that reads and writes should be limited or deferred to extend the disk's life? Is there a setting for wear... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

What is the best tools for performance data gathering and analysis?

Dear Guru, IHAC who complaint that his CentOS is getting performance issue. I have to help him out of there. Could you please tell me which tools is better to gathering the whole system performance data? -- CPU/Memory/IO(disk & Network)/swap I would like the tools could be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with analysis data based on particular column content

Input file: Total_counts 1306726155 100% Number_of_count_true 855020282 Number_of_count_true_1 160014283 Number_of_count_true_2 44002825 Number_of_count_true_3 18098424 Number_of_count_true_4 24693745 Number_of_count_false 115421870 Number_of_count_true 51048447 Total_number_of_false ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data analysis, Regular Expression - Unix

Hey every one! I have a dataset like this : 1 100 1 0 5 100 1 8 7 50 1 0 7 100 2 0 10 20 1 8 10 30 1 8 10 100 3 8 15 50 5 0 20 90 1 0 20 99 9 0 I wanna check if the 4th column is 0 or 8 If it's zero write the 1st column itself, if it's 8 write sum of 1st and second something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What should I format my SSD with?

Hello All, I recently received a new SSD that I am going to use for the purpose of Booting Virtual Machines. I use VMWare Player to boot Windows Guest Operating Systems onto my Linux Laptop. I currently have a SSD drive that I use for this exact same purpose that is formatted as ext3 and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies
udfs(7FS)							   File Systems 							 udfs(7FS)

NAME
udfs - universal disk format file system DESCRIPTION
The udfs file system is a file system type that allows user access to files on Universal Disk Format (UDF) disks from within the Solaris operating environment. Once mounted, a udfs file system provides standard Solaris file system operations and semantics. That is, users can read files, write files, and list files in a directory on a UDF device and applications can use standard UNIX system calls on these files and directories. Because udfs is a platform-independent file system, the same media can be written to and read from by any operating system or vendor. Mounting File Systems udfs file systems are mounted using: mount-F udfs -o rw/ro device-special Use: mount /udfs if the /udfs and device special file /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 are valid and the following line (or similar line) appears in your /etc/vfstab file: /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 - /udfs udfs - no ro The udfs file system provides read-only support for ROM, RAM, and sequentially-recordable media and read-write support on RAM media. The udfs file system also supports regular files, directories, and symbolic links, as well as device nodes such as block, character, FIFO, and Socket. SEE ALSO
mount(1M), mount_udfs(1M), vfstab(4) NOTES
Invalid characters such as "NULL" and "/" and invalid file names such as "." and ".." will be translated according to the following rule: Replace the invalid character with an "_," then append the file name with # followed by a 4 digit hex representation of the 16-bit CRC of the original FileIdentifier. For example, the file name ".." will become "__#4C05" SunOS 5.10 29 Mar 1999 udfs(7FS)