Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Decode windows .dat file
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Decode windows .dat file Post 302966128 by wisecracker on Monday 8th of February 2016 01:21:28 PM
Old 02-08-2016
I agree with gull04...

A .dat extension is meaningless unless you know what app created it, and even then one might not be able to decode it easily because the file is _binary_...

The fact that it was sent from a Windows server is immaterial it is the app that created it that is important...

So please give us more HEX hexdump to look at AND also use code tags as per forum rules...

TIA.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach an excel file/ dat file thru unix mails

Hi. I want to attach a .xls or .dat file while sending mail thru unix. I have come across diff attachments sending options, but allthose embeds the content in the mail. I want the attachement to be send as such. Please help me out. regards Diwakar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwakar82
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DECODE file field is required in Bash

Dear All, I want to decode the one of the file field. Input file: 9393939393|999|2009-02-20 00:00:01|2||4587|2007-02-28 00:00:01|0 9393939393|2001|2009-02-20 00:00:01|2||4587|2007-02-28 00:00:01|0 9393939393|1500|2009-02-20 00:00:01|2||4587| 2007-02-28 00:00:01|0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in UNIX while generating .dat file from large text file

Hello Gurus, We are facing some performance issue in UNIX. If someone had faced such kind of issue in past please provide your suggestions on this . Problem Definition: /Few of load processes of our Finance Application are facing issue in UNIX when they uses a shell script having below... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRAMA
19 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to view .dat file?

What is the command that can be used to open or view the .dat file in linux? Unable to read the contents of .dat file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to decode nfs file handle in HP-UX?

Hi Experts, Any idea how to decode file handle in HP-UX? I am getting the following error continously in my HP-UX 11.31 box :mad: Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-bb Apr 26 07:15:00 host62 su: + tty?? root-abcadm Apr 26 07:15:01 host62 vmunix: NFS write error on host peq9vs:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinable
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ID incorrect field values in dat file and output to new file

Hi All I have a .dat file, the values are seperated by ". I wish to identify all field values in field 14 that are not '01-APR-2013' band then copy those records to a new file. Can anyone suggest the UNIX command required. Thanks in advance Andy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aurum1313
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FASTEN count line of dat file and compare with the CTRL file

Hi All, I thinking on how to accelerate the speed on calculate the dat file against the number of records CTRL file. There are about 300 to 400 folder directories that contains both DAT and CTL files. DAT contain all the flat files records CTL is the reference check file for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of loop :Splitting a single file into multiple .dat file

hdr=$(cut -c1 $path$file|head -1)#extract header”H” trl=$(cut -c|path$file|tail -1)#extract trailer “T” SplitFile=$(cut -c 50-250 $path 1$newfile |sed'$/ *$//' head -1')# to trim white space and extract table name If; then # start loop if it is a header While read I #read file Do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwagatikaP1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat?

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmcginni777
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decode a file

hi i have this file : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <OnDemand xmlns="http://xsd.telecomitalia.it/Schema/crmws.entity.OnDemand" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://xsd.telecomitalia.it/Schema/crmws.entity.OnDemand... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies
FBB::mlm(3bobcat)					      OFoldStream manipulator						 FBB::mlm(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::mlm - Manipulator modifying left margins of OFoldStream objects SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/ofoldstream> or #include <bobcat/ofoldstreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
The mlm class implements a manipulator that can be inserted into OFoldStream objects to modify the stream's left margin by a requested amount. The request cannot result in a negative left margin value. If a negative left margin would be the arithmetic result of the request then left margin 0 will silently be used. Depending on the tab-setting of the OFoldStream the inserted value represents the number of blank space characters or the number of tab-characters that will be added to the left margin. The request will be processed at the next newline character or std::flush or std::endl manipulator that is inserted into the stream. If a line is still empty once an mlm object and a flush manipulator are inserted into the stream then the new left margin will be effective at the next word inserted into that line (cf., the example section below) A bad_cast exception is thrown when the manipulator is inserted into an ostream that is not using a OFoldStreambuf buffer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- CONSTRUCTOR
o mlm(int addValue): The standard copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
There are no public or protected member functions in this class. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/ofoldstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { OFoldStream out(cout, 0, 80); out << "hello world (left margin is 0)" << mlm(4) << " " "this uses a 4 character wide left margin " << mlm(-10) << flush << "left margin -6 changed to 0, active on this line "; return 0; } FILES
bobcat/mlm - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), manipulators(3bobcat), lm(3bobcat), ofoldstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::mlm(3bobcat)