Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Classwork (group project)
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Classwork (group project) Post 302964967 by chakrapani on Thursday 21st of January 2016 01:02:51 PM
Old 01-21-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
The log file sample is TAB separated, so that is why it works in this case..
Got it ... Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Apparently my post is Homework/Classwork?

I previously posted a question in the Shell Scripting forum a few minutes ago. I recieved a message telling me I had breached a rule, apparently because my post was a homework infraction. Well, im currently trying to figure out how to use Raspberry Pi's (as im a starter) I asked one of my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Waggie14
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
lmfsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lmfsetup(8)

Name
       lmfsetup - License Management Facility PAK registration script

Syntax
       /etc/lmfsetup [ template ]

Description
       The  script allows you to register data supplied by a Product Authorization Key (PAK).  The script prompts you for the data associated with
       each of the fields on a PAK.  When all the data has been entered, the License Management Facility (LMF) ensures there are  entries  against
       all  the mandatory fields, and that the Checksum validates all the license data.  If the data has been entered correctly, the PAK is regis-
       tered in the License Database.  If the data has been entered incorrectly, the appropriate error message is displayed and you are given  the
       opportunity to re-enter the data.

The template option allows you to register license data from templates in A template containing a partially complete PAK is created by some
       products as part of their installation process.	The script only prompts you for data on the fields that are empty in the template.  If the
       script cannot find the specified template in it searches the current directory.

The  script  is	provided as an alternative to the command.  This displays a template, which includes the fields on the PAK, and invokes an
       editor so that you can add the license data to the appropriate field.  The command also allows errors to be corrected without having to re-
       enter all the data.

See Also
       lmf(8)
       Guide to Software Licensing

lmfsetup(8)