Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing A load balancer for Nomachine NX Post 302964713 by curryqueen_ on Monday 18th of January 2016 11:18:49 AM
Old 01-18-2016
I am new to this forum. I was looking for info on another tool we use and came across this comment about load-balancing with NoMachine. Our organization uses NM and has done for several years. I was wondering what your plugin adds to what NM is doing already. We use the heavy-weighted LB together with user/group profiles and custom scripts, and we are rather satisfied. Additionally you can also set the node load when load-balancing virtual Linux desktops. Does your plugin add further value?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Load Balancer

Halo mates, I m going to write a load balancer with C. Does anybody know some good reference on this? Cheers, Elton (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EltonSky
5 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp ip load balancer failover

Hi All, How do I failover on the ip load balancer (back and forth)? It involves first to load a new config on the passive ip. If success, load the new config on the ip active (which is now passive). Any idea, please. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

What is the Best Load Balancer for Linux?

Hi, What's the best load balancer for Linux (CentOS, SuSE) according to your personal experience? Linux Virtual Server (LVS) is a famous one, but their download site has not been updated since 2007. Their web and mailing list are so quiet. Is the Ultra Monkey project including LVS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

piranha load balancer failover

we use piranha load balancer with two nodes even the primary node is running fine and up failover happend to secondary node this happend quite few times ehy node2 cannot talk to node1 what logs are to be checked and investigate why failover occured pulse: partner dead: activating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

5. Linux

Server Load balancer

Hello Guys, Hope you all doing well . :) I was checking load balance command (uptime)on VM server and got below output. # uptime 07:08:40 up 52 min, 2 users,a load average: 0.45, 0.11, 0.03 A :How we can calculate load average? Thank you in advance !! Cheers:) Dont forget... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nats
1 Replies
XR(1)								     Man Page								     XR(1)

NAME
xr - Crossroads Load Balancer & Fail Over Utility SYNOPSIS
xr [--verbose] [--web-interface XRSERVER:PORT] --server tcp:XRSERVER:PORT --backend BACKEND:PORT [--backend BACKEND:PORT] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents XR, the Crossroads Load Balancer & Fail Over Utility. XR is an open source load balancer and fail over utility for TCP based services. It is a dae mon running in user space, and features exten- sive configurability, polling of back ends using wake up calls, status reporting, many algorithms to select the 'right' back end for a reques t (and user-defined algorithms for very special cases), and much more. XR is service-independent: it is usable for any TCP service, such as HTTP(S), SSH, SMTP, dat abase connections. In the case of HTTP balanc- ing, XR handles multiple host balancing, and can provide session stickiness for back end processes that need sessions, but aren't session- awa re of other back ends. XR furthermore features a management web interface and can be run as a stand-alone daemon, or via inetd. Execute 'xr -h' to get a complete list of available command-line parameters. EXAMPLE
xr --verbose --server tcp:0:80 --backend 10.1.1.1:80 --backend 10.1.1.2:80 --backend 10.1.1. 3:80 --web-interface 0:8001 This instructs XR to listen to port 80 and to dispatch traffic to the servers 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.2 and 10.1.1.2, port 80. A web interface for the balancer is started on port 8001. Direct your browser to the server running XR. You will see the pages served by one of the three back ends. The console where XR is started, will show what's going on (due to the presence of --verbose). Direct your browser to the server running XR, but port 8001. You will see the web interface, which shows the status, and where you can alter some settings. SEE ALSO
xrctl(1) AUTHOR
XR was written by Karel Kubat <karel@kubat.nl>. Web page: http://crossroads.e-tunity.com This man page was written by Frederik Dannemare <frederik@dannemare.net>. Crossroads Nov 6, 2008 XR(1)