Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Ping remote sever, nc, telnet, whatever Post 302964029 by 1in10 on Saturday 9th of January 2016 03:57:35 AM
Old 01-09-2016
Its getting clearer, but I (as a user) want to connect to a high anonymous or an anonymous remote server (lets say as a proxy). Which mostly use (any of them) port 80, port 8080 or 3021, so even with a firewall installed there, a simple ping should work. It's not about ssh on port 22 or vpn. Before connecting, I want to here a positive response, server on air. Thats my intention.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ping and telnet

I can ping other computers in my office. I can telnet other users in my office but i cannot get out of the office network. If i try to go out side of my network it cannot find host. Any ideas? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
5 Replies

2. SCO

Openserver 5.0.4 can't be ping or telnet into from a remote site

Hi, Can anybody help me out why l can't not ping my server with Openserver 5.0.4 with my windows machine from a remote site. The machine could see the local LAN with the Router however, i can't ping or telnet unto the server from another site on the WAN. The default gateway was configure on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
0 Replies

3. AIX

Ping/Telnet is not happening

Hi All, We are not able to ping to a AIX box...Network is ok..when we give ping from that AIX box..it is giving 0821-067 ping: The socket creation call failed.there is no enough buffer space for the requested socket operation. refresh -s inetd is also giving socket error. Please help to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

can ping but can not telnet UNIX

I have one problem and it is giving me hard time I can ping my windows machine root@x1ChXpress:/sbin >ping 192.168.129.66 192.168.129.66 is alive root@x1ChXpress:/sbin >netstat -rn Routing Table: Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command on remote sever from script

I have two redhat linux server. i have created one script which contain some command that run on Local server as well as remote server.I am using this command to connect to remote server ssh user1@192.x.x.x 'command' but when i am running the script in local server it connecting to the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranvijaidba
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

no telnet, ping ok...

We have a Sun Solaris Netra 20 server. Our O&M Server gets Alarm Processor not responding. When Alarm occurs, you can ping the sun server but cannot telnet it. We keep getting Interrupt level not serviced. var/adm/message log is > tail -f messages Apr 12 20:09:56 cama pcisch: PCI-device:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ping and telnet - HP-UX

Hi all, I am not sure if my problem is specific to HP-UX or not. Hopefully someone can tell me what's wrong. I have a server name server1 10.100.50.10 in the /etc/hosts file and if I do a ping server1, it shows the right IP address. However, if I run telnet server1, it is not using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

8. AIX

ping OK - telnet refused

Hi, After a crash of our older AIX server it happend as it is in the title: ping is ok, but telnet: What it can be this strange thing? Franci (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frajer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping,telnet, traceroute

can you provide the command in solaris8 if I wanted to ping,telnet, traceroute an IP address with a port? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies
GFTP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GFTP(1)

NAME
gftp - file transfer client for *NIX based machines. SYNOPSIS
gftp [options] [[proto://][ user : [pass] @] server [: port ][/ directory ]] DESCRIPTION
gFTP is a file transfer client for *NIX based machines. It currently has a text interface and a GTK+ 1.2/2.x graphical interface. It cur- rently supports the FTP, FTPS (control connection only), HTTP, HTTPS, SSH and FSP protocols. OPTIONS
You may enter a url on the command line that gFTP will automatically connect to when it starts up. --help, -h Display program usage. --info Display some information about how gFTP was built. Please send the output of this command when submitting a bug report. --version, -v Display the current version of gFTP. proto This specifies the protocol that should be used. It can currently be one of the following options: ftp, ftps, http, https, ssh, fsp, local and bookmark. If omitted, the protocol specified by the default_protocol option will be used. user The username that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, your current username will be used for most protocols. For the FTP protocol, the anonymous username will be used. pass The password that will be used to log into the remote server. If omitted, you will be prompted for the password. If you are using the FTP protocol, and the username is anonymous, then your email address will be used as the password. server The remote server to connect to. port The remote port on the server to connect to. If omitted, the default port for the protocol will be used. The port will be looked up in the services(5) file. directory The directory to change to once you are connected to the remote server. FILES
~/.gftp/gftprc Per user configuration file. Most of these options can be edited inside gFTP. This file is also commented very well. ~/.gftp/book- marks Per user bookmarks file. BUGS
If you find any bugs in gFTP, please report them to GNOME's Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ AUTHOR
Brian Masney <masneyb@gftp.org> - http://www.gftp.org/ MARCH 2007 GFTP(1)