Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD PF OpenBSD Network Monitoring Post 302962649 by amithad on Wednesday 16th of December 2015 11:23:26 PM
Old 12-17-2015
BSD

Thanks a lot. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network monitoring

Is there any way to check up the TCP/Ip port connectivity( healthiness ) without using ping or icmp calls ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

OpenBSD + Network +ifconfig

This feels really silly, but i just dont get it.. I just installed openbsd on one of my machines, usually i dont have this problem, but now, when i try to use ifconfig to give myself an ipadress, i get this errormsg: OpenAMD# ifconfig ep0 192.168.51.16 ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: Device not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CopyWrong
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

network monitoring software

hi can i know if there is any GUI interface software to help in monitoring the network of the servers i have? something like a web pages or a stock pages when a processes is down, a red colour is flashes. best if it is free ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network configuration on openbsd

Hi all, I got following configuration problem I need to configure tiny network on openbsd I got server1 with 3 interfaces vic0 em0 em1 The interface vic0 on server1 has follwoing IP 172.16.1.1 em0 firstly I would like to configure network under em0 (I have assigned to em0 following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvok
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network Monitoring

My Office Hours between 10 A.M to 5 P.M .I am managing 16 client PCs which is remotely placed. I want to know the network status of every client PCs.I need an automatic trigger mail ,when the network connection is lost in any one of the Client PCs during office hours.I am a self study learner.I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
9 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring Top Talkers PF OpenBSD

Hi, Though I have some Linux background I'm new to BSD. Currently I'm administering an OpenBSD 5.3 firewall which based on PF. I want to view my top talkers to the internet. If it is a graphical one that's better but I like to know whether it is possible through a command like pfctl a help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amithad
1 Replies
ipkungfu(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ipkungfu(8)

NAME
ipkungfu - An iptables-based firewall for Linux SYNOPSIS
ipkungfu [ -c ] [ -t ] [ -d ] [ -h ] [ -v ] [ --quiet ] [ --panic ] [ --no-caching DESCRIPTION
ipkungfu is an iptables-based Linux firewall. The primary design goals are security, ease of use, and performance, in that order. It takes advantage of advanced features of iptables, tcpwrappers, and the Linux kernel. It also simplifies the configuration of internet connection sharing, advanced routing, and other networking needs. OPTIONS
-c (or --check) Check whether ipkungfu is loaded, and report any command line options it may have been loaded with. -t (or --test) Runs a configuration test, and displays the results. Note that this does not test or display all configuration options. This gives you an opportunity to verify that major configuration options are correct before putting them into action. -d (or --disable) Disables the firewall. It is important to know exactly what this option does. All traffic is allowed in and out, and in the case of a gateway, all NATed traffic is forwarded (the option retains your connection sharing options). Custom rules are not implemented, and deny_hosts.conf is ignored. -f (or --flush) Disables the firewall COMPLETELY. All rules are flushed, all chains are removed. Any port forwarding or internet connection sharing will cease to work. -h (or --help) Displays brief usage information and exits. -v (or --version) Displays version information and exits. --quiet Runs ipkungfu with no standard output --panic Drops ALL traffic in all directions on all network interfaces. You should probably never use this option. The --panic option is available for the highly unusual situation where you know that an attack is underway but you know of no other way to stop it. --failsafe If ipkungfu fails, --failsafe will cause all firewall policies to revert to ACCEPT. This is useful when working with ipkungfu remotely, to prevent loss of remote access due to firewall failure. --no-caching Disables rules caching feature. FILES
/etc/ipkungfu/ipkungfu.conf /etc/ipkungfu/advanced.conf /etc/ipkungfu/accept_hosts.conf /etc/ipkungfu/deny_hosts.conf /etc/ipkungfu/custom.conf /etc/ipkungfu/log.conf /etc/ipkungfu/redirect.conf /etc/ipkungfu/services.conf /usr/sbin/ipkungfu /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/AUTHORS /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/README /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/FAQ /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/ChangeLog /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/COPYING SEE ALSO
iptables(8). January 2003 ipkungfu(8)